Chapter 7 What is going on!

Chapter 7

What is going on!

A month has already passed since Mayu passed away. Yea... That was the name of the elderly lady who took me in and helped me with my lonely pathetic life. I feel terrible that I never knew her first name. She knew mind, and yet... I never bothered to ask hers. I was too busy trying to hide from.... from Sona and, and trying to read any books that can help me live. Dear Kami, I'm getting emotional again aren't I? You already cried yourself to sleep, don't you start now, especially during gym class.

"Alright class, gather around!" The coach called out. We gathered in front of him waiting for his instructions. "Alright people, This is what's going to happen for the day. Since you have completed your exams and it's the last day of school, I'm gonna cut half of the exercise for you and let you rest and talk among yourself for the entire class once you're done." They let out a small cheer while Issei stayed silent and kept staring at the coach with a stoic face. Issei is merely going on autopilot while his mind is moving on from the elderly lady to thinking if he has enough food to last him for the entire winter. "Now I won't hold you much longer. Start by doing push ups, then run around the track three times and then you can relax for the entire class. Now get to it!" With the Coach shouted at the end it brought Issei back to the present.

Sigh

What a waste of time, I could be back at home gathering wood to cut them in order to fix the broken wooden tiles at home. No, the wooden tiles can wait. I need to gather more food for the Winter. Or should I go to a store to get a bow and arrows and learn how to hunt?

"Hey, is he still doing push ups? Did he not hear the coach?"

"Shh! He'll hear you."

I already did. I need to start running and finish running around the track. Once I'm done with this class I'm gonna go to the library and find a couple of books to take. not like people are gonna find out I took them. They all much rather look at their phones and talk to one another in class or around the school. Honestly they could be more productive with their lives. Kami I sound old. Am I criticizing them?

"...know that the coach said three laps right?"

"Why is he still running?"

"I think you mean how is he not tired after running more than what we usually do?"

Don't these people have anything else to gossip about instead of me? I mean come on!

Sigh

Some time later...

Damn! Why did she have to come to the library? I was only able to grab one of the books in the piles in the back. I can't stay here, I need to get out of here. Issei looked outside of the breakroom hoping she still wasn't there. He didn't see Sona so he used this chance to go to one of the windows and jump out of it. When he got up from jumping out of the window he slowly crouched away from the window for a while before making a run for the front gates. When he passed the front gates he slowed down and began jogging towards his home in the forest. Everything was going well until the sky began to darken. "That's weird." Issei spoke to himself. He continued to jog his way back home as the sky continued to darken. Issei didn't know what was going on with the weather but he knew that something weird was going on.

The sky can be heard rumbling in the distance as Issei just reached the edges of the forest. It began to rain. At first it was drizzling but after a while it began to pour heavily. Thunder can be heard from behind him where the town was at. He increased his speed but not enough to trip himself because of the terrain. When Issei looks up at the sky between the trees he can barely see anything but green leaves or the dark gray clouds that can be heard rumbling with thunder that has yet to be released.

"What the hell is going on?" A frightened and confused Issei asked himself. He does not like this, not at all. This has never happened to him as long as he lived. It was as if the world was angry and getting ready to release its pent up anger.. The area around him darkened so much, it was as if he was walking in the night once more. Issei stopped and reached for his backpack and reached for the flashlight he was given to him from Mayu before she passed away. He turned and was able to see once more. Thus he continued once more on his way home.

Only a minute had passed before thunder began striking around him. The animals of the forest are scurrying around trying to find a place of shelter. Birds are seen hiding among the trees. Foxes running towards their dens. Rabbit Hopping to their holes. The inhabitants of the forest are all trying to reach safety in their homes. Issei had almost reached his home, but a lighting strike struck the earth thirty feet in front of him. Issei jumped back in shock and landed on the ground dropping his back and flashlight. Issei sat shaken at the lighting appearing in front of him.

"What the hell is going on!" He shouted. Another lighting strike hit the same place, then another that struck closure to him. Issei grabbed his bag and flashlight and started running back to the forest avoiding the area he was in. It did. Well. In the beginning that is.

It begins...