15 : In the middle of the night (2)

❝The moon is beautiful isn't it?❞

.

.

.

Silence.

.

.

.

The two person fell into silence, specially Kim Roksoo who was quiet malfunctioning after hearing the sudden confession of the redhead. 

Roksoo as the straightforward person that she is, decided to open her mouth to speak and ask him but felt nervous all of sudden. 

"Cale..do you...really mean that..?" Roksoo had dropped the question as she swallowed the lump on her throat. 

Her heart was beating fast in anticipation, she watched as Cale...Subtly falter his lips twitch as his face confronted into something more somber. 

"..No."

Cale chuckles mournfully, his voice sounding like a soft wind chimes in the cool spring breeze. He was recalling the way he was thinking earlier, didn't he wanted to keep Roksoo all by himself earlier? How Delusional. 

Cale had realized, that he must have gone crazy for whatever reason it could be due to his regression. But one thing he knew for sure was that Cale Henituse doesn't deserve Kim Roksoo. 

'I don't think i'm capable of loving someone even if i was, my impure heart and heinous self are too unmatched for Roksoo.'

Roksoo was speechless, didn't Cale had just confessed to her earlier then why..was Cale just giving her a false hope..?

Cale closed his eyes, eyelashes fluttering shut. "I'm content by just being by your side, it'd be selfish to ask for anything more. you're already giving me comfort that i desperately want but don't deserve."

Cale Henituse was too tainted and corrupted for someone like the Exquisite Kim Roksoo. 

If only he saw how the black haired woman looked at him. The way Kim Roksoo see him. 

Now Cale knows

'For someone like me to fall in love..that would only led to ruin for the person whom i love...to Roksoo.'

Cale Henituse, after his regression doesn't find the meaning of living in this hellish world, perhaps because he doesn't want to see the history repeats itself. 

"But i..." I love you. It was three syllables words yet Roksoo faltered in her words, unable to find the strength to continue her sentence. It's unfair. 

Perhaps because she too, was afraid

Because Kim Roksoo was afraid that she will also going to lose Cale the same way she lost everyone she loved.