unexpected deliveries

Up and out at the crack of dawn as usual. I find it best to get out as early as possible for a run before the LA heat kills me. Maisie is the laziest furball I know and chooses to climb into my bed once I'm gone and continue to snooze. I think she thinks I'm daft. She waits till I'm gone to do
it and then messes up my freshly made covers and pillows.
Its a great morning and the suns just coming over the mountains when I hit the bottom of my street on my way home. I stop and stretch taking the chance to get a cool drink of water and take in the scenes around me. Five quick years have flown by since I upped and left my bonnie scotland for a new life; a fresh start if you will. Too many bad memories taint my beautiful homeland and I now call the city of angels my base. Im one of many lost souls I guess who come here for new beginnings but its going well so far and thats all that matters. I have my home, my studio, pieces in several galleries and a few very good friends I class as family here now.
Reminiscing over I jog up to the house and am greeted by a delivery guy. He hands me the most beautiful huge bouquet of wild hand tied flowers ive ever seen.
I head indoors to place them on the counter and grab a vase. I make sure they are safe in the water and grab the card out and go sit on the porch to read it.
"To jess. Was really great bumping into you yesterday. Made my walk a whole lot brighter. Flowers are just a quick apology from Thor who literally did bump into you. Hope your OK and if you fancy another avenger adventure my cell is 555 429 9387."
Shannon x.
I'm totally taken aback. The flowers are gorgeous. Totally unnecessary given my daft mutt was also involved but such a sweet gesture. Shannon seems so nice and genuine but do I really need a rock star drummer in my friend group. I mean I've been to their gigs and danced to their songs. I dont want to come across as some fangirl wannabe. But then we spent hours together yesterday having fun and he was just a sweet chatty guy. I guess it wouldn't hurt and maisie gets some new buddies to run with.
I dial the number and it rings a few times before the answer service kicks in. "Hey busy busy busy. you know what to do......beeeeeep"
"Hey Shannon its jess. Sorry I missed you. Just wanted to thank you and thor very much for the flowers. There was absolutely no need but they are gorgeous and very much appreciated. Maisie and I are up for a walk any time just give me a text or a bell. You have my number now. Gotta run. Work to get to. See ya." I hang up and head up to shower before work.
I grab everything I need for the day and maisie and i hop into my truck and head to the studio. I have a few photo sessions booked for some music magazine and then I have a painting to finish.
Works pretty slammed all day. I take a break around 3 and grab some lunch at the park while maisie has a run around. We head back for the last band to arrive. My assistant josh is pretty antcy when I get in. "They are here already....." he whispers pulling me in the door. "What" I can't hear him and he's manhandling me at the same time. "Your next band is here early. Very keen to see you too" he giggles like a stupid schoolboy.
Before I get a chance to check who it is maisie is off like a rocket howling and barking. "Shit josh get her quick. Not the best impression for a client getting attacked by a bloody husky"
Its all silent and I think the worst. Till I hear laughter and happy yelps. I turn the corner and there's maisie on her back legs up getting her belly rubbed by her new pal Shannon.
"Hey you....I just got your message. Your welcome but you didn't have to come find me though. I have your number now." He laughs.
I blush furiously. "Very funny mr. Other way round. This is my studio so you are here to see me. Voila " I show him my camera.
His turn to blush now. "Shit me and my big mouth " he mutters.
A clean smelling cloud of soap and aftershave descends as I'm greeted by jared his brother and band leader. Excuse my brother. Other parts of his body control his brain at times and he says stuff without thinking first. Pleasure to meet you. Ive heard all about you. Quite an impression you've left on my big brother missy given you guys just met yesterday."
He sits back down to allow me through. I check the paperwork for the job to make sure I get the right shots. After all I have to make sure the magazines Happy as well as the band.
I finally get maisie away with josh and get down to work. We are finished in no time now that everyone has their work head on although jared can't help but rib Shannon several times throughout. For a big butch guy he's a sensitive soul it seems as he can't stop blushing.
"Thats a rap guys. I will send you the proofs through when I send them to the magazine. Thanks for today was nice working with you. "
Jared says his goodbyes and whispers with Shannon before leaving. "So are you free tonight for a walk or maybe just a catch up?" he asks as he heads to the door.
"I'd love to but I have to go now to finish a painting ive had an order for. Im gonna be stuck there for a few hours. Your welcome to come if you want. Bring the dogs and they can hang out back with maisie if you like.
I'll order take out and we can chat while I work....if you like.?"
"I like. .." he says grinning. He jumps up from petting maisie and says he will pick me up in half an hour once he goes and gets Loki and Thor.
Shit this could get messy.....and I'm not talking about the paint......