𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓
Chapter VIII

    𝕲eneral Na blinked slowly in surprise, watching the two walking away hand in hand, "What sort of sorcery is this?!"

     "I have been watching over that child for over ten years, and I have never seen her like that. She doesn't even let people touch her, let alone hold hands with someone. . ."

     "I don't know what to say." Count Deruth stated, also looking at the retreating figures of his son and his 'future daughter-in-law'. He is waiting to jolt up from his bed, but it didn't happen.

     "I apologize for talking too much." General Na bowed, realizing that he voiced his thoughts aloud.

     "No need to apologize. Now we learned something about a future family member." Count Deruth laughed lightly. While the others still don't believe their eyes.

     Just what is going on with those two? Weren't they on bad terms literally not even three weeks ago?

     ——— • ———

     "𝕳ere, I placed a cloak inside your crossbow chest, so no one recognizes you." Hyun Hee hesitantly took the wooden chest from Cale, wondering how he managed to put it there when Hyo-Sonn was told to keep an eye on it.

     "This is where we part ways, our destinations are on different paths. Unless you want company?"

     "No, I'm fine on my own, thanks for the offer." Cale smiled, knowing that Hyun Hee would answer like that.

     "Then I'll be off." He let go of her hands, turning around to walk away, but a firm tug on his sleeve prevented him from doing so. "What is it?"

     ". . . Thank you."

     Cale blinked in surprise, he knows that it is a big deal to Hyun Hee, but he does not know just how much of a big deal it was to her. He smirked smugly, surely Hyun Hee wouldn't hate Cale anymore, so, he decided to mess with her a little, "What was that? I didn't hear."

     "Thank you," she said, more clearer this time. It was genuine and with no trace of annoyance or anything of the sort. Did she really believe that he did not hear it the first time? Or did she just let that one slide? Either way, what matters is that Hyun Hee probably thinks favorably of him now.

     "It was nothing."

     But that's not the case at all. Hyun Hee watches him walk away, narrowing her eyes. How did he know. . . that their destinations are in different directions?

     She opened the chest, taking out the cloak. It was a velvet-colored mantle with a huge hood to cover the head.

     Hyun Hee was in a state of utter confusion, but moved on, entering an armory. The inside of the shop was warm, and there are a lot of weapons to choose from.

     Hyun Hee headed straight to the counter, setting down the crossbow chest, along with a pouch of golds, "I want a replica of this crossbow, a functioning one wouldn't be entirely necessary but it would be better if it could be used as an actual weapon."