십팔

𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
Chapter XVIII

       "𝕮ome again?" Hyun Hee muttered. The two kittens and the bird looks back and forth between the two.

       Hans comes through the door with the food.

        "Let's have dinner together." Cale repeated, sitting down at the chair opposite from Hyun Hee, so that the two of them were facing each other.

       "Here?" Hyun Hee asked, then sighed, it would be rude to decline, especially since the food was already brought here. She would've said that she was not hungry, but she can't do that now.

        Also, why are the kittens here? Do they belong to Henituse Family?

        Ron helped Hyun Hee in arranging her paperworks, "Are you finished with these, your grace?"

         "Yes." Hyun Hee replied as she separated a dozen of envelopes from the papers that was placed inside a cardboard box.

         Hans places the food on the table after it has been tidied. Both Hyun Hee and Cale deadpan at the red table cloth, scented candles, and a vase with a single rose in the middle of the table.

         "Take these." Hyun Hee handed the envelopes to Hans who took them hesitantly, looking at her confusedly.

        "Burn them," She spoke, lifting up her knife and fork and sliced a small piece of steak. Cale noticed that she was inspecting it.

         'Is there some sort of technique in determining if the food is poisoned?'

         When the two of them were left alone, except for the children of the cat tribe and Bartholomew, Cale asked, "What are those envelopes?"

          "Marriage proposals." She replied before chewing the small portion of meat slowly.

          "But aren't we engaged?" Cale asked. Hyun Hee looked at him with a blank expression.

        "That's right. That is why I asked for the butler to burn them." Hyun Hee took fried chicken and fed it to the cats under the tabe.

         "What I mean is, shouldn't you stop receiving those, since you're engaged to me?"

         "It was an unofficial engagement, so many are taking their chances, thinking that the enagement has a high chance of being cancelled. The contract hasn't been signed by the Holy Temple and the King. Also, an engagement ceremony has not been held yet."

          "Is that so. .?" Cale has no idea, that an engagement has so many procedues. How would he know? He had never been engaged.

          "Since it is an unofficial engagement, getting out of it would be easy. So you can request to cancel it anytime, I'm sure it will be granted."

         "I see." Cale muttered, his tone indicates that he does not hold interest in the topic.

         "You're planning on doing so, right?" Hyun Hee asked, suspicious of his unaffected state. Shouldn't he be filled with glee?

            "Why would I do that?" Doing so would lead to some troublesome consequences. And it's not like they would really get married.

            "I just assumed that you wouldn't want to be tied to someone, since you are a free-spirited person."

           "I feel like you're lying." Cale decided to mess with her, "You sound like you want to get out of this engagement, but want me to break it off."