Chapter One | Sunshine in Sarasaland

Luigi woke up to violent shaking from his brother, Mario. He woke him up like this because it was almost Mario and Peach's wedding day, meaning he was het up. He didn't usually act so aggressive towards his brother – well...

Luigi was regularly pushed around by Mario, but he didn't mind. Mario was the one marrying a princess; therefore, he would be the one with more attention, especially from the media. Luigi would never say anything to his brother, because he loved him dearly, but he was getting sick of all the attention given to the wedding, ever since the engagement announcement, everyone in the mushroom kingdom has been overly excited for the 'new king', especially since Mario had saved Peach very recently – he had been the hero. Luigi had helped Mario find her, but he was the hero.

"What is it, Mario?" He sighed, getting up, not letting Mario sense a hint of discomfort from his brother. Mario looked frantic; it was still days before the wedding what could possibly be wrong?

"Luigi! I'm-a getting married in two-a days!" Mario said in his accent, which was much stronger than Luigi's ever had been – which made him think Mario was faking it for the attention.

"Yes! You are. Why has this only just occurred to you?" He asked, genuinely confused. Mario huffed and stormed out of Luigi's room – he looked at the clock – 8AM. Way too early, however, they were travelling to the location of the wedding today – Sarasaland. He was very excited to go to the desert again, he hadn't been for a long time. He couldn't even remember the last time.

Then he remembered, when he and Mario raced through the sweaty heat of the desert, past spineys and fire snakes, all to save Princess Toadstool. It had been a tough couple of weeks, through grass, sand, water, snow even cloud and fire, all without dying and all without recognition, as per usual. Luigi's favourite part was the cloud – it was warm, but not as bad as the desert. It was sunny, with rainbows, it made him feel like nothing was wrong in the world. But there was. Princess Toadstool was captured. It was traumatising if you asked Luigi.

The lava was the worst, it swallowed and bubbled, reaching for sustenance. Luigi was clumsy anyway, but there was no room for it near magma and death.

The thought of that hell made Luigi snap back to reality, he shook his head as if the remove all thoughts and click back to what he was doing. Getting ready. Right.

He stood up and walked over to the dresser, where his suitcase stood, as if looking at him and laughing at the fact he hadn't packed and was leaving in two hours.

"Uh-oh." He said, hoping Mario, or even worse, Peach heard him. If Peach thought something...anything had gone wrong to do with her wedding she would freak out, which made him wonder why Mario had stuck around... There wouldn't be an answer to that even if he tried.

He grabbed the suitcase and opened it so see a pair of old underwear... The last time he used this suitcase was a year ago. Ew! Luigi grimaced, he needed to stop forgetting things! Or get someone to remember things for him, that would be great, he thought to himself. A personal rememberer! I should get that trade-marked! He thought, proudly. Then remembered what he was doing! Ah!

He quickly grabbed the old underwear and threw it in the laundry basket before grabbing enough clothes to last him the two weeks and dropped it in the suitcase, making it unable to close. Oh.

He folded them neatly and put some toiletries in before zipping it up quickly. That didn't take long, he looked at the clock and realised it was half past 8. How did that take so long! He questioned.

He finally, headed to the bathroom to fix his hair, which puffed in all directions. There should be a machine that prevents bed hair, he thought wildly to himself. Or that stops hair entirely. Oh wait, that's being bald... He thought to himself and snorted out loud. For goodness' sake, Luigi, get a grip! He thought, there was only an hour and a half before they had to be on the plane. At least they didn't have to travel to the airport, there was Peach's personal plane – which was cool, he did have to admit.