Chapter Seven | Unwanted Marriage

Daisy's POV

It had been two months since the wedding, it had been great along with the wedding reception, where she had danced and laughed with her cousin, Luigi, and Mario. Just after the wedding reception was exceptional too because Daisy and Luigi had begun their relationship that day. It still made her happy to think about, and everything since then had been like a dream.

Two months prior, the wedding reception

"Daisy?" Luigi tapped her on the shoulder, "Can I talk to you?" He looked nervous, tapping his fingers against each other one by one. She nodded in acceptance, and they went to sit around a small circular table with tall stools.

"So, are we... like..." He stalled, "Are we in a relationship now?" He said, with sudden confidence. Daisy blushed slightly, before leaning her chin on her hand to cover it slightly. Yes! She wanted to shout from the rooftops. She smiled widely,

"Yes." He looked overwhelmingly happy as they looked into each other's eyes.

"Oh, Daisy, I'm so glad! I really like you." He gulped then realised what he just said, "Scusa la mia schiettezza!" His little Italian bursts made Daisy want to die with happiness.

"Sorry! I mean, excuse my bluntness." He explained in English. Daisy chuckled before reaching out and holding his gloved hand, making his face go bright red.

"I really like you too, Luigi." She spoke softly, in almost a whisper. He chuckled nervously, squeezing onto her hand harder.

Present

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on her bedroom door.

"Empress Daisy. May I speak to you for a moment?" Daisy's father asked through the door, seemingly politely. Daisy swiftly got off her bed and opened the door. She was wearing a light orange, flowy dress with white polka dots and a collar with buttons, she didn't mind wearing dresses like everyone thought. She liked the dresses she picked out herself. Her hair curled perfectly at the ends, despite her not caring enough to do it properly.

She exited through the large doors and found her father stood in the middle of the hallway, looking pleased, immediately making her worried. When her father was happy, the next day or the day after he would find something to be mad about, usually meaning yelling at Daisy.

"Daisy. Wonderful news!" He said, a wide, cunning smile on his face.

"What is it?" She asked, as politely as possible.

"My lovely daughter, I have found the perfect candidate for your marriage. He is the Prince of Caittodour Kingdom."

Daisy's world seemed to shatter around her. Marriage? I'm only 20!

"Marriage, I'm only 20!" In a clear state of shock, she spoke exactly what she thought, anger bubbled slightly in her stomach, but she had to think of a plan, yelling at him wouldn't end well.

"You know your mother was already expecting Lapis at your age. As royals, it's important to keep the Asaras legacy, for the people." Emperor Masud said, what he thought was logic, but what made Daisy want to break down crying. She couldn't marry some random Prince, she loved Luigi and she didn't even want to get married yet!

"For the people!? What about what's best for me? Do you not care about me, at all?" The not yelling idea went straight out of the window and she begun shouting at the top of her lungs, anger ran through her veins, and she gulped angrily. She felt tears forming in her eyes but didn't want to cry like she always did. Emperor Masud looked taken aback, before his eyebrows furrowed and he gulped.