When you get injured

Your POV

The treehouse was being attacked by the Delightful Children from Down the Lane. I had my mustard gun to try and shoot their rocket engines down, but I couldn't get a clear shot. "Come on, you delightful freaks!", I yelled as I tried to shoot them again. "Oh, but we are having so much fun, Number (favorite number)." I growled as the rest of the team was helping me out and then I saw Number 1, the leader of the group and I have a crush on. I got distracted by him as I felt a hard smack against my ribs and crashed head first into the tree trunk, knocked out.

Beep....Beep.... Beep

I woke up slowly to find myself in the infirmary of the KND treehouse. My eyes went wide as I thought we lost. "Guys?!", I sat up rather too quickly with my sides hurting, but I was brought back down by Number 5. "Woah there girl, you need to relax. You suffered a couple of broken ribs and a concussion." "But did we win?!" Number 5 nodded as she put a cool rag on my head. "Yeah we won, but you weren't so lucky by being hit by the Delightful Dorks." I looked around as I saw Number 2, 3, and 4 surrounding me. "Where's Number 1?" Number 4 came close to me. "He's fine. He is just alone talking to the head of the KND organization. He brought you here when we were done taking down the Delightful Freaks!"

I winced at the loud tone from Number 4 with Number 2 and 5 glaring at him. "Would you keep it down for her?! She is in pain from the concussion," Number 3 scolded Number 4. I laid my head down to rest fully on the pillow. "How long would I be out of commission?" Number 5 responded calmly ,"About a couple months to say the least due to your broken ribs" I was shocked about this as I wanted to get back at those Delightful Children for injuring me. The door opened to reveal Number 1 as he looked at the team.

"Alright guys, we got news from the headquarters and they will try to stop the Delightful Children from coming back to our treehouse to protect Number (favorite number). Now then, let's get some rest for the evening. I, however, wish to talk to her alone." The rest of the team left as Number 1 came down beside me once the door shut. "How are you feeling, (Y/N)?" I blushed as he said my actual name. "Like I got hit by a semi truck." Number 1 looked at the heart monitor and back at me.

"I'm just curious, what caused you to be distracted? You had a clear shot to shoot the Delightful Children." I winced at the question as I looked at Number 1. "Uhh I just had the sun in my eyes that's all." Number 1 raised an eyebrow. "It was cloudy today. You don't seem to remember due to the concussion." I blushed as I touched his hand gently, which he held allowed. "I think it was you, Nigel." Number 1 looked at me stunned. "Me?!" I winced at the volume of his voice, with tears running down my cheeks.

Number 1 covered his mouth, trying to quiet down his voice. "I'm sorry about that, but what do you mean by me causing your distraction." I smiled at him as I looked into his eyes. "I have had a crush on you for a long time Nigel Uno. I know this isn't the best place to admit it, but I wanted to tell you for a while. It just wasn't the right time or place to do it and I wanted to tell you that I love you. I understand if you want to be just friends." Number 1 smiled at me as he wiped away a stray tear. "I have feelings for you as well, (Y/N). I know I can be a hard headed leader and show not much emotion. However I secretly wanted to tell you as well how much I love you. I just wasn't sure if you wanted to be my girlfriend."

I blushed as I smiled at him and he came down gently to kiss my head. I reached for him and kissed him on the lips. My heart rate was beating a bit quick as Nigel pulled away. "Sorry about that!" I chuckled, but winced at the pain from my broken ribs. "I'm alright Nigel. I love you." Number 1 smiled at me as he held my hand and kisses it. "Try to get some rest, love. I'll be right beside you." I smiled as he set up a lounge chair to sleep on. I lowered the bed a bit with a remote control and smiled as we looked into each other's eyes. "Goodnight, Nigel Uno." "Sleep well, (Y/N)".

Outside of the infirmary
"I told you they would admit their feelings for one another," Number 3 said with glee while jumping up and down. "Yeah, yeah. Love is too mushy for me," Number 4 said with disgust. "I guess you can say Number (Favorite Number) has fallen head over heels for Number 1", Number 2 laughed at his own joke before being punched in the arm by Number 5. "Not cool, Number 2. But they are perfect for each other."