Chapter 22: Wedding Bells

Talia

Today is the day. Today I get to marry the love of my life.

To say I'm not nervous would be a lie, but mostly I'm excited. I'm ready to begin my life with Beckham as rulers of this kingdom and I'm ready to say goodbye to the nightmares of my past.

I woke up bright and early to get ready. I started with a light breakfast of toast since my nerves didn't want me to eat any more.

Now I'm in a bath with oils and salts that Anna drew for me. Maggie was helping me today because I wanted the girls to be able to get ready themselves. They are bathing in the servant's bathing chambers, but are coming up to my room in a little while to get ready.

I was even more eager than usual so I cut my bath a little short. I was too excited to wait.

Once I was dry, I put on a robe and went out into my room where Maria was waiting with my dress. I was getting to see it for the first time today.

"Are you ready my dear?" Maria asked and I nodded.

She beckoned me over and helped me into my gown. Once it was all laced up, I finally got to see what it looked like.

What I saw in the mirror made me gasp. I was wearing a satin gown with silver hand embroidery on the corset. The lace sleeves were three quarter length  and fit my arms nice and snug.

"Do you like it?" Maria asked hopefully.

"I love it," I whispered.

This gown was so unbelievably beautiful. I couldn't imagine anything better.

"Thank you so much."

"Of course sweetheart."

I gave Maria a hug and then the door opened to my two bridesmaids. They looked beautiful in the long sleeve lilac dresses we picked out together and the flower crowns that rested upon their heads were perfect.

"You look so beautiful!" All three of us said at the same time.

We burst out into laughter before they sat me down in front of my vanity. My hair was braided and intricately woven into a bun. The girls made it look almost like a rose. Lina added kohl to my eyelids and rouge to my lips. Then she gave me a pinch on the cheeks and declared me ready.

Queen Maria had left a while ago to go attend her Queenly duties and make sure everything was perfectly in place.

Taking a deep breath, I took each of my friends' hand and we walked together to the grand double doors that would lead to the rest of my life.

Each of us was handed a bouquet although mine was larger than Lina and Anna's.

We heard the orchestra start up inside and the doors opened for Lina to walk through. Next went Anna and soon I was stepping in front of the doors. Taking a deep breath, I gave the guards a nod and the doors opened.

My eyes instantly connected with a pair of honey ones and stayed on them with each step I took. Soon, I was standing in front of Beckham and he took my hands.

"You look absolutely stunning," he whispered and I blushed.

The Priest started the ceremony, but I was only vaguely listening. My whole being was focused on Beckham and Beckham only.

Soon Beck was smiling down at me and saying "I do."

And then it was my turn. "I do."

King Alexander and Queen Maria came up to crown us and we vowed to rule with kindness, respect, and fairness.

"I now introduce to you for the first time, King Beckham and Queen Talia of Vaella."

The crowd cheered and as per tradition, we bowed down to them, showing we are grateful for them and will always do our best to protect them.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Beckham didn't waste any time sweeping me into a kiss. His lips moved against mine and I poured all of my love for him into my kiss. When we pulled apart Beck bent down and whispered in my ear, "I love you my Queen."

"And I, you, my King."

Beckham and I turned to face our citizens and walked back down the aisle as husband and wife.

In the hall Beck picked me up and spun me around.

"I'm so happy I get to call you my wife," he said.

I threw my arms around him and hugged him.

"Thank you. You changed my life in the best way possible and I will always be grateful for that."

Beck pulled back and looked me in the eyes.

"It's you who changed my life," he said. "I couldn't be happier that you came into it."

With that, Beckham pressed a quick kiss to my lips and led me to the ballroom where the reception will be held. It was beautifully decorated, Maria really outdid herself.

"Beautiful," I breathed out.

"Yeah."

I looked to Beckham and found he was already looking at me. I blushed under his intense gaze, but snapped back into it when the doors opened and guests started arriving.

As King and Queen, Beck and I greeted each guest personally and thanked them for coming. I got many well wishes and compliments on my dress as well as a few looks from younger girls. I didn't care though. Beck wanted me and that's all that mattered.

I danced the night away with my gorgeous husband and started our new life off right.

"I love you husband," I said.

"I love you wife."

Not caring that we were in front of a crowd, Beckham leaned down and kissed me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me flush to him. I found my arms going around his neck. The whole world froze and it was just me and Beckham. King and Queen. Husband and Wife.

And right there, I felt like everything was going to be ok. As long as I had Beck by my side, I would be ok.