The Princess and The Band - Five

Alexandra's POV:

When I was a child, my mother would take me to the town market, where we would buy food with the maid servants. Children my age would constantly run towards me and we would play under the sun. One time, we went to the famous wishing well. All you had to do was drop a gold coin, and then you would make your wish.

And you know what I wished for? The power to fly.

Today, that wish has been granted. I was now literally soaring up in the sky inside an 'airplane' with the boys and their helpers. As I was being fascinated by how things looked so small from above, I heard Luke say, "How's the view?" "It's breathtaking, Luke. The people of today are truly marvelous." I said, giving him a wide smile.

He chuckled as he took a seat beside me. There was silence for a while.

"Princess Alexandra, uhm, sorry about Calum last night. He wasn't thinking straight."

"Luke, if there's anybody who should be apologizing, it should be him."

"Yeah, you're right."

"However, the way Calum acted yesterday was merely a normal thing here in the future, am I right?"

"Yes,"

I suddenly felt my cheeks growing hot. "But I do have to admit, he caught me off guard." I was somehow expecting Luke to chuckle, but he didn't. When I turned to him, he was looking at me gravely. "Are you alright?" I asked.

Luke blinked a few times and shook his head a little, as if dragging himself back to the current situation. "I'm sorry. I was thinking of something else. Excuse me, Princess Alexandra." Luke said as he got up and left.

I turned back to the window, not appreciating the outside view anymore but wondering what had made Luke act strangely a while ago.

~

Third person's POV:

Luke's heart was still burning with jealousy. And when he saw the princess' cheeks turn red, the fire only grew bigger and wilder. Unconsciously, he was looking at the princess gravely, not because he's mad at her but at Calum.

"Excuse me, Princess Alexandra." Luke said as he got up and walked down the plane's aisle. He saw Ashton and took a seat beside him. "So, did you talk to her?" Ashton asked, not looking away from his phone.

Luke sighed heavily. "Yeah, but when she was telling me how she felt last night, her cheeks were turning red." Ashton shifted his gaze towards Luke. "O-oh, not a good sign there mate."

"I know. So what do we do?"

"Wait, are you jealous?"

"Obviously,"

Ashton chuckled, showing off his dimples. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to hear it from you."

Luke shook his head in incredulity.

~

After the plane ride, Jack drove the princess and the band to the designated hotel. Luke shared a room with Ashton, Michael was with Calum, while Princess Alexandra was given a room for her own. And with this, she felt delighted.

The princess was at the balcony again, enjoying the peaceful London view. She was suddenly in the mood for some tea, but when she was about to head for the kitchen, there came knocking on the door. She fought to contain a groan because the queen told her it was unladylike to do such a thing. So she went to the door and swung it open. It revealed an Ashton talking on his cellphone.

"Yup, she's here. Sure," Ashton said, handing Princess Alexandra the device. "It's Lauren. She wants to talk to you." But the princess merely stared at the phone in the boy's hand. "Here," Ashton said, holding Alexandra's wrist and placing the device on her palm. "Now put it beside your ear so you two could start talking to each other."