The Princess and The Band - Two

Third person's POV:

Amelia ran to the throne room with all her might. But the knights ,with their golden spears, restricted her from getting inside.

Amelia breathed heavily. She furrowed her brows as she felt her sweat slithering down from her forehead to her neck. 

"Let me in, please." she said.

The knights stood silent as they looked emotionless at her. 

Amelia forcefully gritted her teeth. "Please, I need to speak with the king. Princess Alexandra is missing!" she shouted.

The knights exchanged confused looks. 

"Are you telling the truth?" one knight asked.

She waved her hands all over the place. "Yes! Yes! What I am saying is the truth!"

The knights once again looked at each other. A moment later, they finally withdrew their weapons and opened the big golden doors for the servant girl. Amelia rushed inside, but she bowed first before her king. King Adrian was seated on his throne, relaxing a bit from his tasks.

"What is it, Amelia? Aren't you supposed to be with my daughter?" He asked with a deep voice.

The servant girl looked up to the king as she quickly licked her lips. "Your Highness, Princess Alexandra is missing." 

The king had his eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. "What? What do you mean my daughter's missing, Amelia?"

Amelia fiddled her fingers. "She got swallowed up by the old well, Your Highness." she said, her voice sounding breathy.

"What?!" The king shouted as he quickly stood up from his seat.

~

Alexandra's POV:

"Who are you? And what are you doing in our bath tub?" A boy with pink hair asked.

I slowly stood up and brushed off the imaginary dust particles on my green silk dress. I straightened my back and laced my fingers together. "I am Princess Alexandra Eleanor of Rohan." 

The boys all looked at each other with furrowed brows.

"Wait," The boy with chocolate colored hair said. "did you say you were a princess?"

I looked at him straight in the eyes. "Yes, I am." I said, my voice sounding firm.

He looked from his one friend to another, back and forth, with slightly widened eyes.

Oh dear, I shouldn't have touched the well.

~

"That well was kept hidden for years, so that no one would ever enter it again." King Adrian said.

Amelia felt frozen in her place. "My King, do you mean that others have already entered that well before?"

King Adrian sighed heavily as he placed a hand over his forehead. "Yes," he said. "and not one of them ever came back."

Amelia gasped unbelievably as her eyes widened in shock. "What ever can we do, Your Highness?"

The king slowly sat down on his throne. "Nothing."

Amelia covered her mouth with her shaking hands. She felt her eyes become watery. She couldn't believe that her dearest friend would be gone forever.

~

Alexandra's POV:

"What do you mean that I am in the modern world?" I asked as they escorted me to another room.