CHAPTER 2

• • • • •

🎶Suno na do jahano, ke yeh nazare
       Kuch bhi nahi hai, aage tumhare🎶

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Abhimanyu was having a heavenly sleep when his phone started ringing, bringing him back from his sleeping world. He opened his eyes slowly and took a look at his phone, the call was disconnected by then, being frustrated because of getting up from his sleep he pulled off the duvet and sat down on the bed.

It was 6 in the evening and he realised he had been sleeping for a long time. He was sitting on the bed with his legs covered with a duvet and his chest displaying his six pack abs, the one's he admired afterall it was his long way journey to get them.

He closed his eyes and threw his head back while closing his eyes. The phone started ringing and he picked it up without looking at the caller id. His ears buzzed out hearing a loud thundered voice of his best friend and mentally cursed himself for not seeing the caller id.

"Come home, did you forget I have to attend the office party, get your ass here in half an hour," Sara ordered and disconnected the call before he could even speak.

"Now she won't even let me sleep peacefully," He sighed.

Getting up he took a quick shower and wore his all time favourite black shirt pairing them with a blue denim.
Coming out of his room, he whistled while circling the key of his car in his finger.

"Where to Mr, you are in Mumbai right now, not in Delhi, at least inform," He heard his father's voice and turned around.

"Oh that, I am going to Sara's place," He answered.

His father hummed in response and went inside his room.

"Bring her home when you both return," His mother said.

Abhimanyu upper his brows in response.

"Your aunt just sent some really good alliance for you, and Sara is your best friend so I am thinking of talking to her, so that at least she can make you agree to it," His mother explained to him.

"I am not going to see any such thing nor am I letting Sara see it,"Abhimanyu cleared out.

"Why, is there something going between you both," She questioned him.

"Ma, not you please we are just best friends," He reasoned.
,
"You can tell me I won't mind that at all," She said.

"I am getting late, and please put a full stop on your thoughts," He said and escaped from there as fast as he could.

•°••

Sara was sitting in front of the dresser while straightening her hair. She heard the door of her room click open and turned around to find Abhimanyu standing there flashing his wide smile.

"So, all ready," He asked and she hummed in response.

"I slept in the afternoon and when woke up when you called so I was just sleepy and missed you calls," He explained while making himself comfortable on her bed.

"Oh i got that, how am I looking," She said, twirling a little in her red bodycon dress.

The dress reached till her knees and the little embroidery at the shoulder and back area made the dress look good.

"Gorgeous," He complimented.

"I am sure your colleagues are going to give you heart eyes, tell me if someone does that okay," Abhimanyu said.

"You know because of this only I never got a chance to date someone, half of the people think that you are my boyfriend and half the people's already got threats from you," Sara said, narrowing her eyes.

"Oh yeah, as if I am getting a new girlfriend everyday, and please you are no less, I remember how you punched the girl from our highschool when she just asked me for a coffee date," He retorted back.

"So what, she had no right to have a coffee with my best friend, also I was just a kid back then," She reasoned.

"Still that didn't justify your act and same goes for you no other guy is allowed to give heart eyes, Got it best friend," He patted her cheeks.

Sara narrowed her eyes at him and forward her pearl drop earrings in front of him.

"Make me wear them," She said.

"What happened now, can't this adult wear her own earrings," He said chuckling.

"Stop with this adult adult, or else i will surely make your face look the same way I drew it over the canvas," Sge threatened him.

Abhimanyu muffled his laughter and made her wear her earrings and they both left for the venue in his car.

"Call me once the party is over, I will be here to pick you up," He told her.

"I will, Abhi, are sure about leaving tomorrow," She asked before getting down.

"I might not go tomorrow and I won't go unless we visit Juhu beach together and watch the sunset," He said, making her smile.

"Also play Taylor Swift's songs with it," Sara said and he hummed.

"Now go and enjoy the party, and inform me okay if any guy flirt with you," He said, making her giggle in response.

◾◾◾◾

Best friends and their banters are limitless.

Drop your thoughts about the chapter
Please press the star icon and vote.

Next update on Wednesday:)