The Weirdo on Maple Street

All right, Mom. Breakfast is ready." I say and place it on the table. "What? No, be careful of the poster." "Yeah, okay. All right." "I can't eat." "We just need you to eat, Mom." "Listen. Listen, the Xerox place opens in, like, 30 minutes." "Yeah." "And I don't want you to go alone..." "No, I know. I told you, I got it." "...so I'm gonna have Karen take you two, 'cause I should be here." I nod. "We need to make, what, 200, 300 copies? How much is a copy? 10 cents? If we... Ten cents" "Mom. Mom. Mom!" "You can't get like this, okay?" "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." "No, it's okay."

Hopper comes in at discusses something with my mom. I go to the bathroom and sob for a few minutes. I walk out as if nothing happened. Hopper is walking outside with Jonathan after him.

Jonathan and I go to our school to hang up some of the copies. I see Nance and Barb. Barb is my best friend, together with Nance. I haven't spoken to them since Will disappeared, well barb. Nance and I haven't spoken ever since the thing between her and Steve. She knew I have a huge crush on him yet she still chose to go out with him. Steve might be an asshole but he's super hot. I hate the fact that I'm attracted to him.

Barb spots me and motions me over. We go stand a few feet away from nance, Tommy, Carol and Steve. "Hey, are you okay?" "No" I answer honestly and she gives me a hug. "I am so sorry" I let out a few sobs. I spot nance and she gives me a sad look. I start to walk back when I heard something. "Oh, God. Look." Carol says clearly about my brother. "Oh, God, that's depressing," Steve adds. "Should we say something?" Nancy asks. I don't know, could be obvious to talk to your best friend and brother when they are going through something. I guess popularity is more important. "I don't think he speaks," Carol says. "How much you want to bet he killed him?" Tommy laughs. "Shut up." Steve shoves him and Nancy walks towards my brother. "Excuse me" I turn around, grab him and shove him into the wall. "What the fuck did you just say?" "That your psycho brother killed Will" He adds. I hit the wall with my fist. "If you ever talk shit about him again, I swear-" Before I could finish I was dragged away by steve Harrington. What the fuck? "Just as crazy as her brother, probably killed them together" carol yells. I open my mouth but steve shushes me. "What the fuck man, let me go" I tried to break free but he was too strong. He lets me go once we're outside. "What the actual fuck did you do that for?" "Are you crazy pulling something like that?" "Like what?" "You know what I mean" I scoff at him. "Defending my own brother because your friends talk shit and say we fucking killed our little brother?" I yell and my voice cracks. I slide down the wall. "He's only twelve, god knows where he is or if he's alive" I whisper, I let out a quiet sob, I don't even know if he heard it. He sits down next to me. "I'm sorry for what's happening. Are you okay?" "You don't even care? Just go" I snap. "i know we're not... friends or anything, but... I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to." With that, he walks off.

"Should I Stay or Should I Go" plays on the radio when we're driving to dad's place. I give him a sad smile.

The three of us were listening to it and vibing in Jonathan's room. "You like it?" "Yeah, it's cool." "All right, you can keep the mix if you want." "Really?" "Yeah, really. All the best stuff's on there. Joy Division, Bowie, Television, the Smiths... It'll totally change your life." "Yeah, totally." We hear mom yelling on the phone. "Where the hell are you, Lonnie? I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear it. This is ridiculous! I'm so sick of your excuses." "He's not coming, is he?" Will asks sadly. "Do you even like baseball?" I ask him. "No, but... I don't know. It's fun to go with him sometimes. - Come on." "Has he ever done anything with you that you actually like?" "You know, like the arcade or something?" I add to Jonathan's question. "I don't know." "No, all right? He hasn't. He's trying to force you to like normal things. And you shouldn't like things because people tell you you're supposed to. Okay?" "Especially not him," I tell him. "But you like the Clash? For real?" "For real. Definitely." "And you know what. We will take you to the arcade or anywhere you want this afternoon. I wrap my arms around him and kiss his cheek. "I love you Will" "I love you too" Jonathan raises the volume and we start vibing again.

"That day was so much fun. I've never seen him smile so much." I say and smile thinking back. "Yeah me too. He ate so much that day and then he almost threw up when you got him that ice cream." "I forgot about that." I laugh but I stop when I realise he just pulled into dad's driveway. I take a nervous breath. "Stay in the car Y/n" "Okay"

I run inside even though he told me to stay inside. "Get the fuck off him," I yell when I see my dad shoving my twin into the wall. He quickly pushes my dad away. "Damn, you've gotten stronger. And you have grown so much." He says the last part to me. "Will someone please explain what the hell is going on?" Cynthia asks. "Jonathan, Cynthia. Cynthia, this is Jonathan. My oldest. And Y/n my daughter." He goes to hug us. "Come here." "Get off me, man." "Don't you fucking touch me"

"Take a look at this beaut. Should've seen it when I got it. Took me a year, but it's almost done. Really? Do you want to check up on my ass, too? I told you the same thing as I told those cops, he's not here and he never has been." "Then why didn't you call Mom back?" "I don't know, I just... I assumed she just forgot where he was. You know, he was lost or something. That boy never was very good at taking care of himself." "This isn't some joke, all right? There are search parties, reporters..." "Hopper's not still chief, is he? Tell your mother she's gotta get you all out of that hellhole. Come out here to the city. People are more real here, you know? And then I could see you more." I scoff. "What, you think I don't want to see my own kids?" "I know you don't." "See, that's your mother talkin' right there. Does she even know you're here?" We both stay silent. "Oh, great. So one kid goes missing, and the other one runs wild? Some real fine parenting right there. Look, all I'm saying is, maybe I'm not the asshole, all right?" I take out one of the posters. "In case you forgot what he looks like."