The Bathtub

"Hey. Jonathan? Jesus, what... what happened?" Mom says when she walks into the station. "Ma'am..." One of the officers says. "I'm fine." "Why is he wearing handcuffs?" "Well, your boy assaulted a police officer. That's why." "Take them off." "I am afraid I cannot do that." "Take them off!" Mom tries again. "You heard her. Take 'em off." Hopper orders the officer. "Chief, I get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see." They show my mom the box with everything we got from the store. "What is this?" "Why don't you ask your son? We found it in his car." "What?" "Why are you going through my car?" "Is that really the question you should be asking right now? I wanna see you all in my office." "You won't believe us." He answers. "Why don't you give me a try?"

"You say blood draws this thing?" Hopper asks the three of us, mom sighs when we all try to explain everything to them. "We don't know," I say. "It's just a theory."

"I'm sorry, Mom." "What, you're sorry? You're... you're sorry? That is not good enough, Jonathan." "I know." "That's not even close. That's not even in the... in the ballpark." "I wanted to tell you, I just-" "What if this thing took you, too? Or Y/n's." I panic and look at Jonathan who looks at me and mom gasps. He doesn't know that when he pulled Nancy out, it almost took me. "You risked your life, your sisters... and Nancy's." "I thought I could save Will... I still do." "This is not yours to fix alone. You act like you're all alone out there in the world, but you're not. You're not alone." "I know." "God damn it, Jonathan." "I know." "Damn it." She pulls him into her arms but the moment is interrupted.

"I have to go home," Nancy yells when she sees people looking for Mike. "No, you can't." "My mom... my dad.. are there." "They're gonna be okay. Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey." He grabs her. "Let go. Let go!" She yells. "Hey! Listen to me. Listen to me. The last thing in the world we need is them knowing you're mixed up in all this." "Mike is over there" " They haven't found him. Not yet, at least." He motions to the helicopter flying around. "For Mike?" "Come on, get in the car. Look, we need to find them before they do. Do you have any idea where he might have gone?" "No, I don't. I need you to think. I don't know. We haven't talked a lot. I mean, lately... " "Look, is there any place that your... your parents don't know about that he might go?" "I don't know." She stutters. "I might." Jonny interrupts the both of them. "What?" "I don't know where he is, but I think I know how to ask him."

We go into Will's room and mom gets the walkie talkie "Mike, are you there? Mike? Mike, it's me, Nancy. Mike, are you there? Answer. Mike, we need you to answer. This is an emergency, Mike. Do you copy? Mike, do you copy? I need you to answer. We need to know that you're there, Mike." Chief gets irritated that he doesn't answer so he takes it from Nance. "Listen, kid, this is the chief. If you're there, pick up. We know you're in trouble and we know about the girl. We can protect you and help you, but you gotta pick up. Are you there? Do you copy? Over." She sighs because there is still no answer. "Anybody got any other ideas?" "Yeah, I copy. It's Mike. I'm here. We're here."

A knock on the door interrupts us. "Y/n, go answer," Mom says. "Uh yeah," I say and I go. I open the door and I see Steve. I take his arm and lead him somewhere out of sight. "What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper yell. "Look, I'm sorry" "I'm not the one you should be apologising to" "Yeah, I should. I'm sorry about what I said about your family. I didn't mean it, I was just mad at Nancy" "I get it, as long as you apologise to my brother, nancy and those people from the theatre then we're good" I smile. "Yeah cool okay, thank you" I give him a small smile and walk back inside.

"Who was it?" Mom asks once I go back inside. "Uh, just someone from school asking about the test" I lie. "Oh okay then"

Hopper comes back with the kids. "Mike. Oh, my God. Mike! I was so worried about you." Nance hugs him. "Yeah, uh... me, too." "Is that my dress?" She says and looks at the girl standing behind Mike in a pink dress.