The Upside Down

Nancy and I hang up the lights, Jonathan takes a bat at puts nails in it. The three of us install the trap. Nance puts gasoline all over the house.

"Remember..." "Straight into Will's room. And-" "Don't step on the trap." "Wait for the yo-yo to move." "Then..." Jonathan lights the lighter. "All right. You ready?" "Ready." "Ready." We get out a knife to cut our hands open. "On three. One... two..." "You don't have to do this-" "Jonathan, stop talking." "I'm just saying, you don't have to-" "Three." She interrupts him and we cut.

I'm freaking out over here. I hear a door shutting. "Did you hear that?" "It's just the wind. Don't worry. My mom said the lights speak when it comes." "Speak?" "Blink. Think of them as alarms."

Is that too tight?" She asks him when she wraps gauze around his hand. "No, it's fine. Thanks. Nancy?" "Yeah?" The moment is interrupted by someone banging on our door. The three of us gasp. What the hell.

"Jonathan? Are you there, man? It's... it's Steve! Listen, I just want to talk!" Steve continues banging on the door. Nancy opens the door. "Steve, listen to me." "Hey. Nancy, what-" "You need to leave." "What? No, I'm not trying to start anything, okay?" "I don't care about that. You need to leave." "No, no, no. Listen, I messed up, okay? I messed... I messed up. Okay? Really. Please. I just want to make things right. Okay? Please. Please..." He stammers. "Hey, what happened to your hand? Is that blood? Are you-" "Nothing. It was an accident." She stutters. "Yeah, what's going on?" "Nothing." "Wait a sec. Did he do this to you?" "No." "Nancy, let me in!" He pushes through the door. "No. No! No, Steve!" "What is... What the..." He looks around and notices all our weapons. "You need to get out of here." "Whoa. What is all-" "Listen to me. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you, get out of here!" He tries to push steve but he's too strong. "What is that smell? Is that... is that gasoline?" "Steve, get out!" Nancy says and points the gun at him. "Wait. What? What is going on?" "You have five seconds to get out of here." She says stern. "Steve, please get out. You don't need to get involved in this" I say. "Okay, is this a joke? Stop. Put the gun down." "I'm doing this for you." The lights start flickering. "Shit! Nancy." I yell. "Wait. Is this a... What is this?" "Nancy." "Three. Two." "Steve get out of here" I yell. "No, no, no! No, no!" "Nancy! The lights." I try again. "It's here," Jonathan says. "Wait, what's here?" "Steve now is not the time for questions, get out of here." She turns around. "Where is it?" "Where is what?" "Whoa! Easy with that!" "Where is it?" "I don't know. I don't see it." The lights start going crazy. "Where is what? Hello? Will someone please explain to me what the hell is going-" A loud crash from the ceiling causes him to stop and the thing roars. Steve immediately pushes me behind him. Nancy tries to shoot at it. "No!" Jonathan pushes her back. "Go! Go! Run! Go! Get out of here!" I yell and grab steves hand to run. "Jump!" I say at the trap. "Oh, my God! Oh, my God!

Jesus! Jesus! What the hell was that? What the hell was that?" "Shut up!" I yell. I notice he still hasn't let go of my hand. I stand there with my bat, holding his hand. Nance is next to me, pointing the gun at the door and Jonathan is next to her also with a bat and the lighter. "What's it doing?" She asks. "I don't know," I say. "Do you hear anything?" She asks. "No."

Jonathan opens the door, we quietly walk out of the room. "This is crazy. This is crazy. This is crazy.

This is crazy! This is crazy! This is crazy!" Steve mutters and lets go of my hand. He goes the phone but nancy throws it away... "What are you do- What are you doing? Are you insane?" "It's going to come back! So you need to leave. Right now." She yells. He looks around. "Please, it's not safe" I beg him. He leaves when he sees the look on my face.

*Third person pov*

Steve runs to his car and tries to get in as fast as possible. When he finally opens the door, notices the lights flickering again. He's doubting.