Isn't this dreamtale?

'This goop looks familiar.' He thought trying hard to remember what it was.

He looked up and saw... A statue?

'No wait isn't that...' It clicked on his mind. And he quickly looked at his back and saw tentacles just as he expected, what he didn't expect were the tentacles rapidly moving from place to place on their own. And while he was surprised By it he just assumed that he was canon.

'That settles it then, I'm Nightmare.' He was a bit excited since nightmare was one of his favourite characters, but he was a bit worried about what multiverse he was in, hell if there even was a multiverse. But no need to worry about that now besides, he really wants to see what Dream's statue felt like.

The moment he his hand went close to the statue it stopped, no matter how hard he pushed he couldn't touch it.

'Thats... Weird' He tried to think of an answer as to why he couldn't touch it.

'What if... Skelo Nightmare is still alive?' He didn't really know how but it was the only answer he could think of to answer this.

' What if the humans soul was replaced with my soul?' It could make sense if you think about it, the human probably knew how to control the goop better then him, and the human most likely wanted full control of the body, so it would make sense for them to try and kill nightmare as fast as possible the moment they got full control, but in the middle of that he came in and replaced them, stopping it when they were close to killing skel Nightmare. But only leaving them with a little strength.

Anyways that's enough of that, time to try to do some magic.

Aka... TELEPORTATION

.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-..-.-.-.

I honestly forgot if the parasite was a human or monster but I didn't want to look it up

So I'm just assuming it was a human.