04

Lucius was a prideful man.

Cruel and powerful.

After all he was a Malfoy, one of the most powerful families in Britain.

He loved and cared for his family which worried him for his only son and heir to the Malfoy name.

Ever since the incident 2 years ago, both him and his wife noticed a change in their son. Though it was normal for a child to change, there were signs that something happened.

"Narcissa, should we have Severus examine Draco" he turned around to see his wife, Narcissa staring out through the window.

She was looking at her son petting the peacocks that were scattered around the garden. Her precious son before the incident would rarely interact with the garden yet now here he was, smiling and running around.

"Do you truly believe he lost it?"

"Allow me, it will allow my fear to rest. Even if anything happened to his memory he'll always be our son"

Narcissa turned to face her husband as she gave a last glance at her child. There was no lying that she felt what Lucius is currently feeling but she didn't want to believe something bad happened.

That her Draco will still be her son no matter what.

"Make sure he doesn't realize what's happening. I don't want our son to fear his family"

"Of course"

Severus has known the young heir ever since he entered this cruel world

Bright grey eyes stared at him when Narcissa first showed him her newborn son and asking if he was willing to be the heir's godfather.

He had seen when the heir would sneak into the potion room in order to watch his work. He had seen how he had taken a liking to something an heir shouldn't bother at learning.

He once lost someone he loved and grew up with. He made a promise to protect the child yet it wasn't enough.

So he made another promise to himself and his godchild, he would look after him and protect him from any harm.

He wouldn't fail this time.

So when was called to the Malfoy manner due to an issue the Lord and Lady worried about happing with the heir, he wasted no time in arriving to the manor.

Yet he would never be ready for the request they made.

"Are you mad? This is your own son your talking about Lucius!" Severus argued back as Lucius sat there.

"You are the best legilimency I know and I won't take him to mind healers. I know you won't spill an family secrets"

It angered him that he sounded so calm at the request. Yet he knows Lucius wouldn't harm his only heir.