𝟷.𝟶𝟿

After John B went and got the scuba gear from the Cameron's boat, he came back to the Château and got the other 4 teens. Then they headed out to the boat wreck.

"This is empty. You took empty tanks?" Kie asked looking at the oxygen gauges on the tanks. "Okay. This one's a quarter full. It's enough for one of us."

"Love it when a plan comes together." Pope says, sitting in the Captain's chair.

"Does anybody know how to dive?" Kiara asked looking around the friend group. Everyone was silent. "Anybody?"

"It's kind of a kook sport." JJ said hugging the blonde girl from behind.

"I read about it." Pope added.

"Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die." Kie said throwing her hands up in the air.

"Look, you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?" JJ asked looking to the smartest friend in the group.

"If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends." Pope answered.

"Bends like, bend over..." JJ said bending Sydney over, resulting in her smacking his hands away from her, laughing.

"I swear, JJ. You're too dirty minded." She said walking to sit on the side of the boat.

"The bends kill you." Pope said ending JJ's fun.

"Right." JJ says walking to sit by Sydney, throwing his arm over her shoulder.

"I can... I can dive." John B said sounding unsure of himself.

"Yeah, you can dive. I'm cool with that." JJ said.

"Since when can you dive?" Kie asks looking at John B like he was crazy.

"I'll do it, it's fine." John said ending the conversation.

"Let me do some calculations real quick." Pope said grabbing a piece of paper and pen that was just sitting around for some reason. "So, that boats about 30 feet down. Okay. So it'll take 25 minutes at most at that depth. Which means you need to make your safety stop at about... ten feet. Alright? For two minutes."

"Yeah, yeah. Ten feet, two minutes. Got it." John B said.

Sydney stood up and took her shirt off, stepping up on the side of the boat and diving in.

"Uh..."

"What was that all about?" Pope asked.

"I don't know, but I liked it. A lot." JJ said still looking to where the girl of his dreams jumped in.

"Of course you did. It's Sydney." Kie said looking at the blonde.

"Alrighty." Pope said.

"Yeah, uh... when you, uh, when you're down there, you look for the cargo hold. You stick this thing inside and twist and pull, okay?" JJ asked the brunette boy.

Sydney resurfaced. "Stick in, twist, pull." John B said trying to remember.

"Yeah. My dad moved weight back in the day." JJ said.

"Who didn't?" Pope asked.

"Hey! I tied my t-shirt to the anchor chain about ten feet down. It's where you need to do your safety stop." Sydney said staying in the water because it was calming her nerves for what was about to happen.

"Cool." John B said shortly.

"Keep an eye on this. You need to make sure you have enough air to decompress." Pope told John B.