𝟻.𝟶𝟸

The sun was going down and Sydney was almost sick of the Kooks already. She kind of wanted to go home but didn't want to hurt Kie's feelings, since she was the one to invite her.

Sydney was coming from the bathroom when someone ran into her. "Ugh, seriously." She turned around to find JJ, staring at her with his eyes wide.

"Wow, you look beautiful." JJ told her but then quickly looked behind her. "I would stay but there are Kooks chasing me." He took off running after that.

Sydney turned around to see Rafe, Kelce and a few other guys she didn't know. "Heyyyyy, Rafael." She said with a smile.

"You know I hate it when you call me that." Rafe said walking past her.

"That's exactly why I call you it." Sydney said walking the opposite way.

She found a security guard while she way going to find Kie. "Hey, uh there's some guys running around and I heard they were about to fight. They went towards the mens bathroom." She said politely.

Five minutes later...

"Let me just walk out by myself. Mr.Dunleavy, I see you got you drink. Good, that's really nice of you. I'm actually gonna down that." JJ said taking the drink.

"What's the matter with him?" Dunleavy asked the security guard.

"Sorry, sir."

"Ahh, Whoo! I really appreciate the discretion, Daryl, you know? It's okay, everybody! Do not panic. Leave it to the men and women in uniform. Let's head it for them. Rose! Look like Lady Liberty. It's good to see you again." JJ said getting walked to the exit. "Ooh, hey buddy, can I have one of those?"

"Let go of him!" Kie yelled by her parents and Sydney. "You can't just boot him!"

"Excuse me, ma'am?" Daryl asked.

Rafe was now standing beside Sydney and Kiara.

"I invited him here, I'm a member of this club." Kie was still trying.

"Kiara, stop it." Her mom scolded her.

JJ pushed the security guard. "Sorry about that. Hey, mandatory power hour at Rixon's, Kie. You too baby! Pope, you as well, alright? Rixon's Cove. Let's roll." JJ yelled looking at the girls and then Pope. Alright, Kie, Syd, come on. Workers of the world unite. Throw off your chains!"

Sydney snorted before trying to go. "Don't do it." Rafe told her while gently grabbing her waist.

"I already told you. No future." Sydney said running to JJ and jumping in his arms.

"Later losers!"

——————————————————————

"Hey, guys. So, like, my dads already gonna kill me. So what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope asked.

JJ looked at John B. "Might as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed."

"Don't say that." Sydney was still on edge after seeing those photos.

"You ready for this?"

"Yeah."

"So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant." John B said softly, looking at everyone.

"Oh my god. Here we go again with this."

"Alright, here him out."

"It's been here the whole time. It's on the island." John B said.

"Are you serious?"

"Oh my god."

"I'd like to voice my skepticism." Pope said.