𝟼.𝟶𝟺

"We were best friends. We... we stole beers from your dads fridge, we watched movies together, we cried about boys." Kie said. "And the next thing I..."

ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ - ғᴀsʜɪᴏɴ sʜᴏᴡ

Sydney was at home in her room, cleaning out her closet because she had too many clothes that didn't fit her anymore.

She hunched over tired as she looked at her phone that was playing music. She grabbed it and looked through her contacts until she found the one she wanted. It took three rings.

"Hey." She heard Rafes deep voice, clearly just waking up.

"Hey, I would say I'm sorry for waking you but I'm not. You wanna come over and help me go through my room? Or you can just come sleep on my bed? We can get drunk later. Say its me apologizing for waking you up." Sydney said as she folded a pair of her jeans.

"Ummm... Hold on let me comprehend everything you just said." Rafe said, causing Sydney to laugh.

"My moms not home so you can just walk in if you do comeover."

"Where is she?" Rafe asked, the phone call turned into a FaceTime call which Sydney answered. She set up her phone and sat back, her legs crossed.

"I don't know. Probably some drug dealers house." She pulled some laundry out of the clean clothes pile to fold.

Rafe walked to his bathroom, also setting up his phone. Sydney was staring at her phone because he was standing in his bathroom... shirtless. "Wait, isn't it Tuesday? Aren't you supposed to be at school?" Rafe said while he got his toothbrush and toothpaste out.

He brushed his teeth while Sydney explained. "Skipped. Didn't see why I should go today because they're just doing Pre-ACT stuff."

"Isn't that important?" Rafe asked with a mouth full of toothpaste.

"No, I already took it"

Rafe spit the toothpaste out and went to get a shirt. "Oh, I forgot you're a junior. Why are all your friends Freshmen?"

"I got moved up a grade a couple years ago." Sydney explained, grabbing her phone and walking to the kitchen.

"I'll be over in about 10 minutes, okay?" Rafe asked walking down his stairs.

"Alrighty, I'll probably be in my room. Bye!" Sydney waved at her phone from the pantry.

"Bye, Syd." Rafe laughed watching the girl try to get the cereal at the top of the pantry.

𝟾 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

Rafe walked in wearing Nike sweatpants, a tshirt, and converse.

"Wow, you look like you belong on the south side." Sydney said laying on the ground, eating sour patch kids, and playing on her phone.

"I'll take that as a compliment. So, you need any help or can I take a nap?" Rafe asked sitting down on the bed.

"You could help me, and then we can take a nap together?" Sydney suggested.

"Okay. Oh, can I pick out outfits for you to try on?" He got up and looked at some of her clothes.

"I have barely any clothes."

"Okay... bathing suits them. Looks like you got a lot of them." Rafe said winking at Sydney.

"Fine." Sydney agreed because she liked it when he admired her. "Pick out a swimsuit and I'll put it on."

"Okay." He spent about two seconds picking out a bathing suit.