Ch. 2

"Aren't Van Gogh's eyes beautiful?" Lan Wangji gasped in surprise, turning her head towards the messy bunned Wei Wuxian.

"Wei Wuxian." The lady snickered, face  covered in new coats of paint. "Hey A-Ji!"

Lan Wangji glared, unamused and irritated. "This is not your classroom." "Oh but I'm cool with the teach. Hua-jie!" Hua Cheng turned, eye dead looking at the annoying catastrophe. "Shut up! I'm talking to my Jiejie."

"You mean my Jiejie?" Hua Cheng raised her middle finger, throwing a bird at her way. "We're married, skunk, don't use your found family privilege on me."

Wei Wuxian turned to Lan Wangji with a smile. "See? We're fine." "It doesn't look like it." Lan Wangji let out a breath she closed her eyes.

Wei Wuxian snickered, taking her bag off. "We are though. She just doesn't want her Jiejie time to be interrupted. Just like mine. Wouldn't you get angry if someone was trying to get my attention away from you, pretty face?"

"No." Wei Wuxian held her chest, imaginary blood spewing from her mouth. "You're so mean A-Ji. I'm going to die from emotional damage."

Lan Wangji was thankful shee had the advantage to hide her red ears behind her hair, looking away from the girl who was snickering. "Don't be ridiculous." Wei Wuxian had her brows furrowed, smiling softly at the unreadable rabbit.

She sat on the table, legs crossed as she placed her hands on her knee. "So, what are you working on? My class is pretty free recently so I'm just going around tutoring and doing commissios for teachers and students. A true knight, I am."

Lan Wangji looked back at her empty canvas, still with imaginary lines of an outline. "The topic the teacher gave us was a self portrait." Wei Wuxian puckered her lips, leaning back on the table using her palms as support.

She parted her lips, eyes directed towards the ceiling. "Of course it would be. When I was in your grade, I did my self portrait like this." She jumped in her seat, leaning down as she grabbed her bag, pulling a thick sketchbook out. If Lan Wangji had a reason to admire her for, it would be her passion in art. Her sketchbook was thick and paint seeped pass the pages of it.

Since the first week Wei Wuxian had offered her help to Lan Wangji, the girl had enough time to study her senior. Wei Wuxian had a lot of friends, though mostly she would space out or run away as if she had something to do, only to come back as if she dove in a pool of colorful paint that left stains on her face and clothing. Her eyes were always dead yet red rimmed when Lan Wangji saw her again. She would be seen walking down the hall, passing Lan Wangji as if she was never there in the first place. In total, Lan Wangji just thinks Wei Wuxian's weird.

"Here!" She flipped the other pages, focusing on the page where it looked like the galaxy. "I don't know what went on but, here it is! It's just a sketch, I'll let you see the real one later."

Lan Wangji's eyes twinkled as her mind focused on the artwork. It was Just a sketch, but the intense feeling of looking at such a piece made her body feel it's intentions. It was visioned in a way that her face was blocked by a raining sky and the ocean completely covered her chest. The simple gray scaled sketch that was made using charcoal looked like a renaissance painting in Lan Wangji's eyes. It was beautiful, meaningful, and unexplainable. A story unable to be told but there is an ending to such a long road, yet they still have to climb to know the reasons why.

"What do you think? The actual painting is clearer and cleaner than this, I swear!" Wei Wuxian panicked as she feared that Lan Wangji was judging her skills in a mean way.

"... It's okay." Lan Wangji moved her gaze to Wei Wuxian's eyes. "It's not bad."

Wei Wuxian smiled, placing the sketchbook down as she patted Lan Wangji's shoulder. "You gave me a scare there A-Ji! Hahaha!"