Chapter 6

Katniss's Pov.

I wake up from a nightmare of when my father died. I am sweating and the images are frantically replaying in my mind.

I slowly shake Peeta's shoulder. "Peeta!" I whisper yell. I shake him again and he sits up.

"You okay?" He asks worriedly. I chuckle at his overprotective comment.

"No, we're leaving today. Remember?" He nods and stands up. I stretch and change out of my gown and put on the clothes my mother brought me.

"Since my mom works here, I'll have her drive us home." He nods once again and we go down to get breakfast.

I get a tray of eggs, bacon, and orange juice and sit at a table.

I eat a couple bites and push my food away. "What wrong?" He asks.

I shake my head, "I'm not planning on throwing up and I'm not very hungry anyway." The grumble of my stomach gives me away and he raises his eyebrow.

"I'm fine!" He lets it go, knowing I could get mad any second.

My mother walks in and I hug her. "Hi mom!" I chirp.

She smile, "hi honey, how are you feeling?"

Peeta gives me the evil eye and I ignore him. "I'm doing great! Thanks." I quickly say.

We walk out to the parking lot and get in the car. Mom starts the engine and we start going towards Peeta's home.

Once we get there, we both step out of the car. He smiles sadly at me and I hug him. "Im sorry!" I whisper in his ear.

He looks confused so I answer, knowing what he will say. "I was being a total jerk today and I shouldn't have been."

"Katniss......" I sigh.

"I have no excuse! Don't you see? I've been miserable my entire life!" I kiss his cheek.

"Hopefully I will see you again. But probably not......" And I walk off.

Peeta starts towards the car but my mom drives off before he can get to us.

Peeta's Pov

She just walks off! I tried to stop her but I couldn't. The worst part is I don't have a car, so that means I have to walk to her house.

I leave a note, 'I'm off to Katniss' house, I'll be back later!' I stick it on the front door and walk out.

Once I reach Katniss' house, I hear loud screaming. I walk in and see Prim in the corner of the room sobbing.

"Prim! What's wrong!" She sniffles and points to the staircase.

I hear banging and run up the stairs, skipping two steps. I reach upstairs and see Mrs. Everdeen banging on Katniss' door. She keeps screaming her name, but she doesn't get a response.

I move Mrs. Everdeen out of the way and break down the door. Katniss is laying on the floor with cut marks on her arm. She looks like she was crying, but she's holding her phone.

I pick up her phone while Mrs. Everdeen calls 911. I see all the Instagram messages,

'I hope you die!'
'I will kill you if you touch Peeta!'
'Why hasn't she killed herself yet?'

These messages go on and on. I see her trying to fight back, but she stops.... A couple of weeks ago! She hasn't told me about this and it's been 6 months.

The paramedics carry her out and we get on our way back to the hospital.

Sorry this is really bad!😔 I'm getting lost about what I should write about next. Maybe just let Katniss die and that's the end. But I don't want to do that. I'm sick so I probably won't go tomorrow and Thursday. Yay😑 I get to miss more assignments. I have to email my teacher.