chapter 4

"Well, I was just thinking … your dad and Nathalie might find it a bit awkward if you succeeded in getting them under the mistletoe, and you were actually there. But if there were more people in the house, and you appeared to be distracted, there would be less pressure on them, so they might feel more able to let their guards down and it would be more likely to turn into something. But if it's just going to be you and maybe your bodyguard … I know if it were me I'd find it pretty embarrassing, and I'm not emotionally repressed like your dad."

"You have a point," Adrien said slowly. "Shame it's not like last Christmas, when there was like thirty of us."

"Preferably without the part where you ran off and scared the heck out of all of us," Alya muttered.

Adrien said slightly. "Er, yeah, well … it's just the four of us, so …"

"You could invite us," Alya said suddenly.

"What?"

"Think about it. If you've got friends over, and we all pretend to be completely oblivious of whatever is going on between them, that solves the problem."

"Yeah, but his dad is never going to agree to that," Nino pointed out.

"He might," Marinette said slowly. "If things have really improved between you that much, Adrien."

"And if you ask in front of Nathalie, she might convince him to allow it," Alya said.

Adrien slowly beamed. "That might work. Thanks, Alya."

"So now we just need Mr Agreste's permission, and a really good plan."

“Just let me handle the plan” said Alya.

 The bell rang, and the four of them scrambled to get to their next class.