▬▬ 𝟎𝟒 ∙ 𝝩𝗵𝗲 𝝩𝗿𝗶𝗯𝘂𝘁𝗲 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗲

・ 。゚☆: *.☽

˚✩ ⋆。 ✩┊ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐚 ┊✦ ˚ · .

▬▬ 04 ∙ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚎 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A loud bang woke me up from down the hall, followed by high heels clicking. My eyes fluttered open, still accustomed to the dark. I heard repetitive knocking on my door, accompanied by Moxie's upbeat "Get up! It's a big big big day!"

I rolled out of bed, silencing Moxie's calls with an "I'm up!"

"You have time to take a quick five-minute shower, then you have three minutes to change and do your hair. Did you catch all of that?" Silence echoed around the room as I groaned and pulled the covers over my face.

"Do I have to get up?" Moxie responded by opening my door and pulling my blanket off.

"Now," she commanded, pushing me off the bed. I looked groggily at the clock, then at the window. The sun had just begun to rise, yet Moxie was urging me to hurry up and get ready. "We're behind schedule, Cordelia! You have exactly four minutes and thirty seconds to shower now! Frankly, it'll be better if you just skip the shower. I trust that you can get dressed?"

"Yes, I can put clothes on myself," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Good, then I'll see you at the table in a few minutes. And do not go back to sleep!" She left when there was another bang, and Moxie muttered as she rushed out, "Oh, what did that Danny do to the shower this time?"

I resisted the urge to laugh and decided to take heed of Moxie's words. "Now then, what fancy clothes will I wear today?" I whispered to myself and looked at the closet that Moxie had opened for me. Everything inside was either the vibrant yellow color of the sun or the hot pink shade of flamingo feathers.

I changed into the first outfit I found that wasn't as much of an eyesore, an emerald green blouse, and jeans, quickly braiding my hair with the blue silk ribbon from yesterday.

I flung open the door just as Moxie was about to knock again, and she ushered me to the dining room. "Almost late, Cordelia. Now eat quickly, we're at the Capitol! President Snow and your stylist are waiting!" Crowds of people dressed in ridiculous clothes stared as I ate uncomfortably.

"Do they have to watch me eat?" I asked, feeling that my privacy was invaded. Moxie opened her mouth to speak, but someone cut her off.

"Happens every year, just ignore them, Cory." The crowd cheered louder as Finn sat down and began to eat. Not long after, Danny joined us, so Finnick discussed strengths and strategies with him. By that point, I had already consumed two pancakes, one serving of eggs and sausage, one glass of orange juice, and numerous buttery rolls.

At some point, I couldn't stuff myself any further, so I headed over to the window. Plastering on a fake smile, I waved to the crowds, trying to attract potential sponsors. Some blew me kisses, others cheered and hugged their neighbor as if it was an honor to see me, and if it weren't for the train, they might have run me over.

"Everyone ready?" Moxie asked, indicating to the train door. Danny and I nodded and stepped onto the platform to get our first good look at the Capitol. I was unable to catch Moxie's words as she pushed us through the tumultuous mass, greeting practically everyone along the way. "And here we are!" she cried when we finally stepped off the platform.