IMMORTALITY ISN'T FUN

Immortality isn't fun. It's a realisation a lot of people have eventually, getting over their childhood fantasies of existing forever. They're grateful for the fact an end will come eventually, grateful that they'll be able to rest peacefully with their loved ones. There's only so much to do after all, and having to live with the emotional turmoil of those closest to you being gone forever while your eternally stuck in a place destined to descent into madness is not a pleasing thought.

And who better to understand this than Dr. Jack Bright himself.

Dr. Jack Bright had been immortal for as long as he could remember. Or as long as he wanted to remember. Some memories are just to painful to acknowledge, some better left forgotten forever.

However, this man dealt with his predicament in a generally good way. Humor. He would never be able to experience true happiness again, so why not make light of his eternal misery. Guess his name fit quite well.

Jack Bright was an interesting individual, all the sorrows he held would get bluntly ignored by all his colleagues and 'friends' due to his nature of being an imbecile. It was better this way though, the doctor would reassure himself. He didn't want to burden others with his eternal sorrow, even if it meant he had to carry the burden alone.

Selfless was what he truly was, yet nobody seemed to notice.

With infinite years to walk this treacherous landscape, one would only naturally become curious about it's wonders. He seemed to gravitate towards those in the same situation as him, he enjoyed learning others view on this eternal horror and maybe it comforted him just a bit knowing he wasn't stuck like this alone.

And this set of circumstances led to him starting a wild hunt for SCP-8923.

And he also wanted to see if it was really as pretty as people said it was.

Site-19 was not a fun one to navigate. It was like a fucking corn maze. But unfortunately, unless you were 106, you couldn't just bluntly walk through the walls and cheat. So this extended the hunt for SCP-8923 but a week. So I'm pretty sure you can imagine the relief Dr. Bright felt when he saw the guarded containment cell with the little information poster saying 'SCP-8923 Containment class: Euclid'.

Mentally congratulating himself, he quickly re-skimmed over the file and flashed his access card at the stationed guards. They both nodded down at the doctor before moving slightly to the side, giving his proper access to the door. He grinned to himself, holding a mini celebration in his head before proceeding to enter the containment chamber.

The entity was curled into a fetal position in the corner of that containment chamber, seemingly asleep. Now, Jack had figured out one of his queries. It really was as mesmerising as people described it to be, maybe the file was a bit off. It seemed to have the beauty Medusa was described to of obtained.

SCP-8923-1 laid limp against SCP-8923 in its docile state. Currently, as far as Bright knew, there were no instances of SCP-8923-2 active. On that note, he also had to remind himself not to become the one to break that streak.

It began to stretch it's limbs, waking up. It laid peacefully against the wall behind it. "You just going to sit there and stare pretty boy? Bit rude if you ask me." it spoke, confidence laced in it voice. "You know, I wasn't expecting visitors anytime soon after my little display at my previous site." it continued, now locking eyes with the doctor.

Dr. Bright decided to ignore it's statement, having absolutely no fucking idea what it was on about. He took a seat on the floor, remaining in eye contact with SCP-8923. "What's it like?" He finally spoke. "What's what like?" it questioned quizzically, "That could mean a multitude of things you know!" it laughed quietly.