Chapter 6

(I have added a picture of the dress to help you guys visualise it better on Mishti)

"Mishti, what are you doing here so early? What time did you arrive?" Mrs David's soothing voice came from the entrance to my office making me lift my head up and blink at her in a daze.

"7:00AM. Sorry I fell asleep. Mr. Noon told me there was an important meeting today and said I had to be here by 7:30AM," I explained, making Mrs. David's frown as I yawned. "Why, what time is it?" I asked curiously.

"It's 8:20AM, dear. There is a meeting on today but it doesn't start until 10..." She trailed off, a puzzled expression crossing her features.

My eyes widened as my frown deepened. "But-"

"When did he tell you that?" she asked, cutting off my sentence unintentionally.

"Last night! Just before I went to bed!" I exclaimed, before jumping out of my seat and shoving my things into my handbag. "Shoot! I have to go and get his coffee!" Akash and Lina's faces appeared in my mind as I dashed out of my office all the way to Starbucks in my black heels.

By the time I arrived at the small coffee shop, I was out of breath. "Akash! Lina!" I called out, anxiously waiting for a reply.

"Hey Mishti, what's up?" Akash smiled as he casually strolled out from behind a wall, wiping his hands on a blue and white checked cloth.

"I need Ritwik's usual, quick!" I stressed, pressing money onto the cool glass surface near the cash register.

Akash chuckled. "Did someone sleep in this morning?" he teased, grabbing a large cup from the stack near the coffee machines.

"No." I groaned. "I did the opposite. Your jerk of a best friend told me to be in the office early this morning for a meeting - which I recently discovered doesn't start until 10 - or he'd 'punish' me." I groaned again as I looked at the time. 8:35AM.

Akash chuckled. I watched his shoulders shake from laughter while he poured milk into the cup. "Day 3, and it sounds like you're already giving up." Akash smirked, mixing Ritwik's order thoroughly.

I was about to reply to his statement but was cut off by a startling shriek.

"SURPRISE!!!" Lina called out all of a sudden, jumping out from behind the wall holding a cup of coffee. "I made you your latte ! I know, I'm an amazing life saver, you can thank me later. You're going to be late if you don't get a move on soon!" Lina scolded with a smile as she handed over the heavenly smelling drink.

I was about to thank her but she stopped my intentions, once again by glancing at her phone screen and gasping. "And so will I if I don't leave soon! Are you sure you'll be okay on your own, Akku?" She had turned to her brother, who was pressing the lid down tightly onto the coffee cup.

Akash rolled his eyes as he handed Ritwik's order over to me. "Yes, Lina! I told you that a thousand times last night. Hurry up, or you'll miss your train." He pushed her in the direction of the exit, and she grinned and waved before thanking him and disappearing out of sight.

"You should really leave as well," Akash said, an amused expression crossing his handsome features once again. "The note you gave me covers both of your orders. It's 8:42AM. You have around 10 minutes to arrive and put his coffee on his desk."

I gave him a pained look. "Thank you so much. I'll see you tomorrow!" I called out before I left and dashed through the hustle in the streets.

I was in Ritwik's office by 8:57AM, placing his order in its proper spot, just where he liked it to be in. I sighed in exhaustion. I was going to kill him when he arrived.