- Chapter Sixty-Two -

I'm telling Kian Bliss I love him, even if it kills me

Roma told me he should be out by his car, and best, believe me, that's exactly where I'm heading. If I'm being logistic, I've got until two am, but I know for a fact Kian won't wait until the morning to give me the divorce. I don't want a fucking divorce, can't he understand that? I get it, I've run twice now, and I still haven't told him how I feel— but a divorce? That's the last thing I want.

As I pull open one of the doors in the main entrance, I notice how everyone's almost left. There's only a couple of cars left in the lot, and one of them is Kians. I'd notice his car anywhere, and I watch carefully As I see him leaning on the hood of the car smoking something as he faces away from the stadium— away from his past.

It's now or never, the rain begins to pick up as the sun slowly sets. The warm weather becomes obvious, despite the rain. I know our friends will leave any minute, so I do need to make this quick before they walk out on the spectacle of me pouring out my heart, to a man who once betrayed me and tour me to pieces.

"Kian?" I say aloud as I cross the empty car lot, I'm close enough because I hear him let out a sigh before dropping the joint he's smoking and digging his heel in the ground. I come to a stop on the other side of his car, as he slowly turns to face me. Two weeks we've been apart, five months was nothing compared to them. Because within those two weeks, I'd already accepted my feelings for him— I just couldn't say them to him, not when he looks at me the way he does right now.

"Yes, Elizabeth?" Kian asks with a small smile and it's clear he's being sarcastic. Kian's taunting me, playing with my feelings. He lied, this hasn't all been a game to me, nor to him— he just refuses to see it. "I want to talk to you," I admit in a quieter tone than before. Kian scoffs as he places his palms on the top of his car, just as he leans forward to speak, "clearly." Despite the attitude, this is one of my favorite sides of him. I'd rather Kian Bliss be snarky towards me any day, than him ignoring me.

"I— I wanted to say," I pause off in a stutter, why can't I say those damn words? The last time I tried to say those words he cut me off, why? And when I asked him to say them, he refused. "I'm getting bored, Elizabeth," Kian simply responds to my sad attempt of speaking the truth. "How do you feel about me?" He asks and I wish he didn't because my heart quickens and it becomes harder to breathe.

'Love is a weakness,' that's what my father said to him. Love got my mother killed— yet, here I am, standing in the rain, in front of the only boy I've ever loved. The only person who could destroy me in a second. "That's not fair," is the first thing I whisper, despite it being true. It's not fair, Kian must know I love him— and yet, I know nothing of his feelings for me.

"You know how I feel," Kian says slowly as his eyes meet mine. "Do I?" I question and I know I shouldn't fight with him on this, but I do. When we fight, that's what drives out the cruel truth. "You offered me a divorce," I state as I hear the low rumble of thunder in the clouds. The news said there was to be a thunderstorm tonight, guess that was accurate.