02. heartbroken

━━Steve Harrington sat out by the pool by himself, staring at the cool calm water. The last thing he wanted to do was clean the house. He figured that instead of moping around about Nancy not showing up, that he should actually talk to her about it. Call her. So he wanted to attempt to call her.

He walked into the trashed house and walked over to the house phone and turned the phone dial for the Wheeler's phone number. Hoping she would pick up or at least have a family member pick up. Just someone who would tell him where she is or if she was okay.

rinngggg! ringggg!

click!

"Hello, Mrs. Wheeler. Is Nancy there?" He asked politely, knowing he's talking to Nancy's parents and not his friends.

" She is home, she told me she is studying for a test. Come by later." Mrs. Wheeler replied over the phone before yelling at Mike, who was in the basement, from the kitchen. "Hold on, I'm kind of busy right now. MIKE! Set the table for dinner! So sorry, honey. Like I said, Nancy is busy upstairs. I'll let her know that you called. Bye"

click!

Steve placed the phone away and quickly scrambled to his car and started the engine then drove off to Nancy's house. He wasn't sure if she actually was studying or if she needed any emotional help. Considering that she lost Barb and she was almost killed by a demogorgan weeks ago.

When he got there, he climbed up to the roof of the Wheeler's home. This was his way to get it, like the many times before. From study dates to making out on her bed. He stepped onto the roof's shingles and peaked through the window. He saw Johnathon again. Steve banged on the window, infuriated. Nancy jumped while Johnathon looked at Steve. Shocked. "You will pay for this, Byers!"

"No, wait. Steve! I didn't cheat, if that's what you're thinking." Nancy said in a worried tone. Trembling and panicking happening.

Steve climbed off of the roof, and got back into his car, slamming the door. He felt like crying but he didn't want to. So this was why she was being distant with him. Even though he was broken hearted, at least didn't have to deal with Nancy anymore.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Summer walked out onto her front porch with her bag looped around her arm. She breathed in the fresh morning air. It smelt as if it was going to rain, it was a little cloudy out too. She shivered and thrown on her olive green hoodie and started walking to the shed where her bike was placed.

Realizing it was locked, she checked her pockets to find the key. Placing her hands down her pockets, she didn't feel the key to the shed. Maybe it was in my bag? She thought. She felt around her bag for the key and found it in the small pocket and unlocked the shed to retrieve her bike.

squeak

Summer jumped and realized it was probably a mouse wandering through the shed, looking for food or to nest. Thinking nothing of it, she grabbed her bike and walked it over to the beginning of her drive way before hopping on. She sighed and took a deep breath before riding through the streets of Hawkins.

Kids yelled and talked as they entered Hawkins High School, Summer was nervous about how everyone would think about a city girl like her. Everyone in the town knew just about everyone, so she couldn't lie that she lived there all her life or anything like that. She got off her bike and walked it over to the bike rack of the school and locked it up. Summer looked over to a group of boys walking into the school, and she placed her bag around her arms. She didn't follow them but she now knew where to enter the school now. She didn't live far from the school, she lived ten minutes away from the school, so all she needed was to ride her bike there.

She had gazes looking at her as she got through the door, remarks like look at her or it is the new girl. She didn't think nothing of it and continued walking through the halls. Traces of yellow and green lines appeared in the halls. Murals of tigers, everywhere and things like " Let's go Tiger's!"

Summer sighed and walked over to her locker, "let's see how today goes, hopefully no one chooses to talk to me. I'm not ready for today," she placed her coat and bag into her locker. Kids walked by and laughed at her or at least she thought they were laughing at her. But she didn't care, all she worried about was to get the day done and over with.

She walked through the crowded halls of the school and looked down at her schedule, but there was one problem. She couldn't find her first hour class, and she didn't want to ask for help. She always hated asking for help, it made her feel and seem needy. But she needed help, or she'd be sent to the office for being late to class.

"Hey, do you need help?" An unknown man walks up to her, he had ruffled dark brown hair. It looked as if he didn't brush it hair or used too much hair gel and hairspray. The man had a strong cologne or had way too much on. But that didn't bother her too much.

" Oh, um.. no," Summer said slowly, trying to sound uninterested. But Steve couldn't take no for an answer.

"That's funny, because you were annoyed just a few minutes ago and looked helpless. Besides it's twenty minutes after." Steve smirked with a reply, placing his arm onto a locker. He looked down the hall then back down at her.

"Fine, I need help getting to room 13. Also shouldn't you be in class yourself?"

"Yeah, I should be in class but..I decided to skip class this time. That teacher pisses me off anyways. Also room 13 is that way, right next to room 7. Sorry, they aren't in order."

"Thank you for helping me. I have to get going, I'll see you... later?" Summer walked off the opposite way of the hall where she was and walked into class. She wasn't sure who that was but he seemed decently cool. Not extremely cool but he was decent enough.