11. trouble

━━Summer and Nancy sat in the police station, nervously. Their thoughts racing on what would happen to Jonathan and about the weapons in his trunk. She shifted her leg underneath her other into a comfortable position. Nancy looked at her and she looked scared as well. But if anything, she looked upset at Steve and Jonathan.

"What on Earth were you three thinking?!" Joyce Byers came rushing in and stood there, looking at the three of the teenagers. Disappointment and anger expressed on her face. "First, you get into a fight and now you also have weapons in your car. Really? What are the weapons even for?"

"We-," Summer tried speaking then Joyce looked at her from the corner of her eye. She knew that if she spoke, a jumble of words would come out. And that would make the situation worse. Plus Summer wasn't known to ever tell the truth, she was a liar. A bad liar, her parents always knew the truth before she could speak it.

"We we're going to go deer hunting," Nancy lied. Getting looks from both Summer and Jonathan then Joyce. "Y- Yeah, we were going to go out and hunt deer." Her voice felt dry and she looked down, clearly guilty.

"Oh yeah? Then explain the bear traps, gasoline, and many other weapons." The chief spoke to the three, knowing that they were clearly lying. He plucked a cigarette into his mouth and walked off into another room to deal with something else

      Neither of the teens spoke and Joyce walked off, still stressed from how everything was. "Someone better tell me the truth, please." She looked at them and almost broke down crying from what it looked like.

"We know what took Will," Summer spoke up rather quickly. Not knowing what will happen if her parents found out. Plus who knows what the police would've done if they knew she lied.

"What do you mean you know who took Will?" She placed her cigarette down and looked at Summer. While getting looks from Jonathan and Nancy, who clearly didn't want Joyce to know. Though Summer didn't want to tell her, she had to. It was the only choice they had, especially since they were already in a deep enough hole. That and it was important for both Jonathan and Joyce.

    Nancy handed Summer the picture and handed it to Joyce that showed the figure in the corner of the photo. It was rather blurry and hard to see. She stared blankly at the photo for an examination for a another minute before looking at the three teens. "Where did this come from? Where was it taken?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"We need go out and find Mike," Nancy called out as they rushed into the Byers' house and the group had no idea what to do. Trying to figure out a way they can contact the boys and get them out of this mess.

Jonathan jumped up and looked around Will's room for a walkie-talkie to talk to them with. If they were lucky, Mike would also have one. Jonathan hands it to Nancy quickly as she tries to contact Mike.

"Mike, can you copy? Are you there?" Nancy said into the walkie-talkie. No one answered. "Can you copy? Are you there, Mike? It is me, Nancy." Still no answer.

Jonathan take a hold of the walkie-talkie, "Can you copy?" The group looked at each other and there was still no answer. They have thought to give up but they can not. Especially with everything going on and the kids being out there.

"Ok, give me it," Hopper grabbed it, aggressively. Pressing the button and speaking into it. "Listen here, I know you're there. I am the Chief and I order you to pick up. We know you're in danger and we ask to know where you are. Can you copy?"

    Minutes later, a voice appeared through the walkie-talkie. "I'm here, all of us are." Nancy knew it was Mike and she looked at Jonathan. Summer stood in the corner, listening to everything going on.

"Where. Are. You?" Hopper asked with a stern look. Trying to get an answer from the boys. "What's going on?" Summer walked up to him and grabbed the walkie-talkie from Hopper's hand.

"Please just tell us, we want to help. People are worried."

"Who are you?" Mike asked, having no clue who was talking to them. From what it sounded like, it had to be someone his sister knew. But they had to speak up on where they were and what was happening.

"Not important right now, just tell us where you are."

"Ok, fine. We are at the junk yard, in a bus. They know we are here and I'll explain it later." He hung up quickly and it went quiet.

"They know we are here? What does that mean?" Nancy asked while looking at Summer who held onto the walkie-talkie.

"I don't know, but let's go. They need us."