Part 2

Lonesome Cities

There's a few more lonesome cities that I'd like to see While the wine of wandering is still inside of me... 

Maybe when I've done it all and seen all there is to see, I'll find out I still cannot run away from me. 

But as long as trains keep runnin' a restless man I'll be and there're a few more lonesome cities that I've yet to see.

- Rod McKuen

I woke up to the sound of an alarm in the room. I heard footsteps coming down the hall. "sht sorry Amelia I forgot to turn off the alarm." 

"it's ok I think it was time I woke up anyways." 

"it's still really early, you should get some rest and later we can grab some breakfast at Minnie's." 

"Ok." I said in a sleepy voice, as I saw him staring at me endearingly, I closed my eyes and fell asleep. I woke up a few hours later and got up to get ready. I walked past James in the hallway. "Good morning." He spoke. 

"Good morning." I responded. He looked down at my bare legs. 

"What happened to the pants I gave you?" 

"Oh, they fit me a bit big so I just took them off, but thanks for letting me borrow your clothes, and don't worry I did pack my own clothes for the day." 

"Too bad, you'd look really cute in my sweaters." he said. I Blushed and didn't know what to say. I was bewitched by his charm and the only thing that came out was "you smell good.' what a dumbass I thought "I mean- your clothes smell good so I wouldn't mind wearing your clothes... especially your sweaters." I panicked and blushed again. 

"You're adorable Amelia." He spoke. I then walked away into the bathroom and started getting ready. I walked into the living room to see James waiting for me. 

"You ready?"

 "Yeah."

 We exited the apartment and got on the bike. We got to Minnie's and I noticed there was a few more people than there were last night. We sat in the same booth again, and one in front of the other again. I ordered waffles and a coffee which was my usual when me and Will would have breakfast here. James ordered a regular bacon and eggs platter which I found quite ironic since Will would always get the same except, he would get a chocolate shake to accompany it. We made some small talk while we waited for our orders to arrive. 

"So, what do you want to do today? After we visit William of course." I thought it was so kind of him to have thought about that. 

"Well, I was thinking we could go shopping I saw there's a new clothing store down the street." "Oh, you mean clothes for cash?"

 "Yeah, I was thinking I could get some pj's so I won't have to borrow your clothes." 

"Well, it doesn't matter I think you look cute in my clothes." I blushed; what could he mean by that? does he like me? 

"But if you'd like we can still go I'll buy some new clothes and you can have my hoodies that smell like me." He teased before I tried to stutter something out. I thought about how he recounted on today's earlier event. I awkwardly laughed embarrassed that he remembered. "Yeah maybe." I smiled. 

"How is everything tasting?" said the waitress as she passed by. "Very good thank you." I replied. I was glad that she had broken our awkward conversation which I did not want to continue.