Part 3

We heard the door begin to rattle in the middle of our steamy exchange. James quickly put his shirt back on, I guess he was also afraid of getting caught. I also adjusted myself comfortably on the couch trying not to seem like I was just moments away from doing something I shouldn't. I even thought maybe this was a sign, a sign telling me that I shouldn't take things so far with James. 

The door then opened to reveal a tall drunk man. "Dad? What are you doing here? I thought you wouldn't be here until next month." "That B**ch Danielle kicked me out of her mother f**ink house. It's not like I wanted to stay anyways." He then noticed my presence in the room. He put on a sly smirk "and a who's your little friend here?" 

"Her names Ameila and she'll be staying here for a while." 

"Seems like you're the one who make the decisions around here, huh?" he laughed. 

"Yeah, well she has nowhere else to stay." James replied. 

"You sure it's not because you two are sleeping together." 

"Dad! no, look, we're just friends I met her a few days ago." 

"So, you're letting a stranger into the house just because she gave your sorry ass a chance."

 I thought his comment was funny but I didn't want to laugh for James's sake. "Look dad you're drunk why don't you just go get some sleep ok." 

"Alright alright." 

"Well, it was nice to meet you amalia." He said as he made his way to his room and James followed. I then turned my attention back to the TV and waited for James. 

"Sorry about that, my dad can be a little too... honest, when he's drunk." 

"it's ok." I replied as I laughed. We turned our attention to the TV and I began to feel tired. I yawned 

"I think I'm going to bed I'm kinda tired." 

"Ok me too." I then thought "wait where are you sleeping?" "oh, umm on the couch I guess." It didn't look comfortable so I offered a spot on the bed. "don't be silly why don't you just come sleep on your bed. With me." I said a bit hesitant. I didn't want him to get the wrong Idea but I also wasn't uncomfortable with it. "a-are you sure? I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." he replied. "I'd feel uncomfortable if you didn't." I said, I wanted to make him feel more comfortable with me. I thought this was the perfect opportunity for us to be close to each other. We headed toward the bedroom I slipped into the bed I rested my head on the pillow. James took off his shirt and slipped into some shorts when he thought I wasn't looking. He then got into the bed and said goodnight. We then fell asleep facing the opposite direction of each other. 

When we woke up the next morning, I found myself cuddled up with James. "sh*t" I quickly got up and fixed myself up. All I could think of when I saw him lying there was of last night. The beautiful moment we shared before it was ruined. I got out of bed and started getting ready. I came back and found James out of bed. 

"Good morning" he said as he yawned. He stretched his arms out and his chest and stomach muscles bulged out making his body look godly. 

"Good morning." 

 "Did you sleep well?" he asked. 

"Umm yeah I slept comfortably." My mind flashed back to a few minutes ago when I was cuddled up with him. I really hope he wasn't awake for that. You see I like him and now I know he feels the same but we haven't had a chance to talk about it. And honestly, I don't want to I think it would make things awkward or too official. So, I was hoping to avoid that conversation as much as I could. "Good." He spoke. "How did you sleep?" I asked back. "Really well I dreamt I was in bed with a beautiful girl that has a perfect smile." He looked deeply into my eyes and walked toward me. He put his finger under my chin and raised my head. He gave me a gentle kiss on the lips and said, "Good morning beautiful." Second after he spoke those words, we hear a rumbling in the kitchen. "Dad" he sighed. "Let's try to leave as soon as possible, breakfast at Minnie's?" "Yeah." He walked out of the room to what I think was to go help his dad. Anyways I got ready for the day and put on my new skater skirt and paired it with a white shirt and a sweater. I walked out to find James talking with his dad. I heard a small part of the conversation mentioned my name. "There she is Good morning amethyst." "It's Amelia dad." there was a pause, James's dad looked back at me and then James. "Well, it seems like you two slept well together." James looked up at him. "Yeah, just like you and Danielle." "Hey-" and before his dad could say anything else he said, "Well, were going to get some breakfasts there are eggs and milk in the fridge so have at it." he said in a bothered tone. We then walked out the door and headed to Minnie's.