chapter one

CHAPTER ONE: SEE YOU TOMORROW

"So, what do you think?"

Cora glared up at the two in front of her. Nancy Wheeler and Steve Harrington. My day was so good up until now. She glanced over at Nancy, the corners of her lips turning downwards in anger at the smirk on the girl's face. Does she think I'm gonna say no? Cora thought to herself.

"Yeah," Cora answered, her chin lifting up as she nodded with a half smile. A spark lit in her chest at the sight of Nancy's smug smirk faltering, "I'll go to your party. When is it?"

Steve raised his brows, "wait, seriously?" He was just as shocked as Nancy was. "Cora Knight wants to go to a party? I- to be honest, I was just asking to be nice—"

Cora furrowed her brows in fake confusion, "wait, seriously?" She tilted her head with a pout, "Steve Harrington wants to be nice?" She mocked the boy, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah." He sighed, "look, the party's at 8:00." Cora glanced at his hand as he let go of Nancy's before reaching into his pocket. Nancy sighed at the lack of contact before crossing her arms while Steve continued to fish for something in his pocket. "Here." He finally found what he needed, how big are his pockets? Damn. Cora frowned, before watching in confusion as Steve took her arm and began writing on her wrist.

Cora looked back up at the boy as he wrote, raising her brow, "couldn't you have written your address on a piece of paper or something?"

"Could've. Didn't want to."

"Great."

Cora glanced over at Nancy, quickly noticing the jealousy in her eyes. Cora thought she was jealous that she was near Steve, but Nancy was actually jealous that Steve was near Cora.

"There." Steve finished, pulling away before capping the sharpie. "And if you can, bring beer." He sent the girl his signature smile.

"Sure thing, Harrington." Cora nodded, knowing fully well that she wouldn't be bringing any beer. She glanced at the address on her wrist for a moment before turning away.

At the sound of footsteps echoing throughout the cafeteria, Cora assumed that the couple had left. Turns out, only half of the couple left. The girl furrowed her brows as she glanced to her left, Nancy awkwardly stood there before quickly changing her demeanour when she noticed the girl looking.

"What do you want, Wheeler?" Cora asked sharply, grimacing inwardly at her tone.

"Oh—" Nancy stuttered, causing the two to become equally confused. Nancy never stuttered when she was around Cora. That would mean she was nervous, and Cora never made Nancy nervous.

That is, until now.

Cora tilted her head in confusion, "what?"

"Well," Nancy quickly changed her attitude once more, deciding to come off as bored. "I don't know, just—" she stuttered again, there were cracks in whatever plan she had made earlier. "Did you want to help me prepare for the party?" She sighed, "come thirty minutes early?"

Cora thought for a moment. Was this just some sick joke?

The Nancy she always knew was selfish towards her, and she never showed her weaknesses. Ever. This Nancy, however, felt more shy and timid. This was a side of Nancy that Cora had never seen before.

"I guess so," Cora eventually said, "guess I'll see you tomorrow, at 7:30."

-----
halo speaks...

keep in mind that this is my first short story so there will obviously be some mistakes, the plot might not be perfect. i was just bored