chapter nine

CHAPTER NINE: MAKING AMENDS

Cora was nervous as she drove to Steve's house. She didn't know what she was going to say, or how he would act. She didn't know whether he would kick her off the front porch as soon as she got there, or let her in to talk. She was terrified that she would make things worse.

When she arrived, she stayed in the driveway for a moment as she thought things over. Luckily, his parents weren't home so if he were to yell at her, they wouldn't hear.

Finally, Cora got out of her car, and made her way towards the front door. The door opened before she could knock, and Steve stood there with his brows furrowed together in confusion. Cora assumed that he had heard her slam her car door shut.

"Cora?" He frowned in confusion, "what are you doing here?"

Cora sighed softly, "I wanted to apologize." Her voice was quiet. She held her hands tightly together as she stared at her feet.

"For what?" He asked. Steve seemed genuinely confused, which in turn, made Cora confused.

Cora looked up at him, waiting for him to say that he was kidding and to kick her off his front porch. But he never did. "For what I did." She mumbled, he looked even more confused. "I mean, yes, she kissed me," he hummed, "but I should've pushed her away. It was wrong of me to let her do that. I know she had an excuse, she was drunk. And I really don't think she would do that sober. But I was sober, and I did nothing about it. I'm really sorry."

Steve's face seemed to soften at Cora's apology, and he shook his head. "It's okay, Cora."

Cora furrowed her brows, "no, it's not-"

"It's okay." He insisted. "Yes, I am really hurt about everything that happened, but," he paused for a moment as he sucked in a deep breath. "I know you really like her, and don't you dare play the 'I'm Cora Knight and I Hate Nancy Wheeler' act," there was a soft smile on his face, "because I think if I was in your situation, I probably would've let her kiss me too. I know it's selfish," Cora cringed at the statement, "but I would have."

She nodded slowly, "so," she rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet, "you're not going to yell at me?"

Steve shook his head. "No, I'm not gonna yell at you, Knight." He leaned against the doorframe. Cora sighed when a frown grew on his face.

"It might make you feel better."

"It won't make me feel better."

"You won't know unless you try it."

"I already did." He raised his brows, reminding the girl of what happened in the school parking lot. "And it just made me feel like an asshole."

Cora sighed, "Steve, you're not an asshole. You were just a protective boyfriend who was doing his job."

Steve raised his brows, "yelling at you over a rumour?"

"No," Cora rolled her eyes, "defending Nancy over me kissing her without consent. I mean- yeah it was a rumour but you did what you were supposed to do." He hummed softly at her.

A teasing smile then grew on his lips, "I guess I stand by what I said." He raised his chin up, causing the tall girl to furrow her brows. "You, Cora Knight, are not so bad."

Cora tilted her head, "neither are you, Steve Harrington." She smiled softly. The boy then waved her in, causing her to raise her brows in surprise.

"I don't bite." He pulled her inside, before shutting the door. "Besides, I could use a new friend. Being alone is ruining my reputation." He said sarcastically, causing Cora to laugh loudly.

"Oh, yeah. I bet you're going down the popularity chain by the second."

-----
lizzie speaks...

finally made amends with steve <3