FOUR

My heart was beating fast as fuck as soon as Amiri stumbled into her house. I liked that even though he didn't like her he still waited for her to get inside safely before speeding off. Even if it was just so he wouldn't hear me complain about it, it felt good.

He made me feel so safe like no one could ever hurt me or the ones I love, but then he hurt me. I looked out the window sad, I wish I didn't know what I did.

"Where we going?" I finally asked.

"We're driving." I didn't even know who's car we were in. Probably hers, I thought making myself more mad.

"Why would your shoot that party up?"

"Why would you go to that party after I told you what was gonna happen?" He asked it so nonchalant as if it's normal to shoot up parties your ex is at, "I shot one time and it was in the air."

"You cheated on me Trell, and you just expect me not to react." I wasn't drunk, but I wasn't sober either.

He smacked his lips, "No I expect you to believe me when I tell you I ain't do that shit."

Now it was my turn to smack my lips, "I don't know if it's worse that you cheated or that you can't even just be a man and say sorry. Maybe shit would be fine then." I mumbled the last part, because it's what I wanted. I wanted him to be able to just apologize and I forgive him and we move on, but I wasn't a forgiving person so I knew even with an apology it would just be good for my closure cause I couldn't.

"Who even told you I cheated?" He asked. I didn't even see why it mattered, but he already didn't like Amiri so there was no way I was going to say it.

"Cause that girl told me she ain't say me and her fucked." I should have just listened when everyone warned me to leave him the fuck alone. I wouldn't be as confused as I was now. "I know you already found her social medias and shit ask for yourself. Look stupid when she tells you she was just my homegirl."

I didn't know if it was the alcohol bringing the stupid out of me and making me second guess myself, but he just seemed so sure of everything he was saying.

"Could you just take me home?"

"Now you know your momma will whoop your ass if you go home drunk." He laughed. He was right, but I didn't care. My mind was getting confused, and I didn't like it at all.

"Just spend one more night with me if you still want to believe that shit after I'll leave you alone." He added.

I stood silent, I knew he would take my silence as an okay. He smiled resting his hand on my thigh. I looked out the window I feel like you could just hear my heartbeat throughout the car. I missed his touch.

Like a routine I eventually put my hand over his and held it tightly. I could be stupid for one night right?

IVORYS NOTES.
this book gonna have multiple parts. they young here, his music career barely taking off, he has no kids at the moment, THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING.