[angst] Memory -req-

this is shitty and short srry lol

request by Hynaith !!

TW: ptsd/trauma flashbacks

-----------------------------------------------

After Wilbur had confessed his love to Quackity, the world seemed much brighter for him. Everyday felt worth living, every second was bliss around his loved one. He had grown numb from love, in which his mind left the tatters of his past behind.

But one day, his past started to recollect itself. Like a blazing fire, the pain and anguish of his past actions seemed to engulf his mind. Snippets of the memories played like motion pictures before his eyes. The memories crept into his dreams, making them night terrors.

Wilbur woke with a jolt, his body tensed as he held back any extreme reactions. He looked around the room nervously, unsure if anyone else was there. The soft rhythm of Quackity's breathing was usually seen as comforting to Wilbur, but now it seemed meaningless.

Wilbur's ears began to ring, memories of the shock of the explosions came back to him. A sharp, stabbing pain in his chest made him gasp desperately for as if he was drowning. He couldn't hear Quackity waking up over the sound of his own shaky breath.

"Wilbur? You ok?" Quackity mumbled, half asleep yet still alarmed by the other's current state. Wilbur said nothing, unable to speak. It felt like it had years before, as though blood was pouring out of his mouth.

Quackity sat up, rubbing his eyes then placing one hand on the taller's shoulder. In response, Wilbur flinched and put his head down. He held himself in a tight grasp, as though he was afraid of losing himself again.

"Hey, it's ok, you're safe now-" Quackity said, before Wilbur cut him off with,

"It just- it just keeps coming back. Why would- I wish I could s-say- say I'm sorry- It's to late, it's to late and- and- and-"

Quackity pulled the taller into a tight embrace, followed by pleading, "Please, just snap out of it! You're safe here, you're happy here." His golden-feathered wings folded in on themselves from fear, and he felt as though he might start crying.

As he looked up at Wilbur, he was disturbed by the sight of his wide eyes. His gaze was shifting rapidly, and his jaw was clenched. He looked like he was in so much pain, or agonizing terror. A small teardrop fell, then crawled down the line of his stapled skin.

Wilbur felt comforted by Quackity's embrace, the body heat helped sooth his pain. Once he felt less achy, his breathing returned to a more relaxed state. He let his head fall back onto the pillow, staring at the ceiling with tired gaze.

Quackity stroked Wilbur's face, nestling his face into the crook of the taller's neck. Within moments, it seemed the two were asleep once more.

-------------------------------------------

srry this is short and poopy lol

im gonna be gone for awhile srry

but i'll be back 😈 (maybe)