Haruu

Exorcist Log 1955-0902:

10 years after the war. 5 years after I met her.

This day was when one nightmare ended, but several new nightmares began.

We ran and ran and ran and ran. The Takayama family were relentless in their efforts to take her back. Of course, due to myself being the instigator of our escape, my head became a prize that every hunter was on the lookout for.

After fleeing Takayama, we headed north to make it look like we were heading for Toyama. We made a change in our trajectory southwest and made a small stop in Shirakawa. For the first few days after that, we only traveled at night. Village by village, province by province, we slowly made our way towards Kyoto.

Although we probably could've made a faster getaway out of the country if we just headed for the nearest dock and took the next ship out of Japan, I couldn't risk getting ratted out by a paid off sailor.

Once we arrived in Kyoto, something didn't feel right. I felt like we were being watched. I was able to catch a man with dusty-white hair was looking at us with a nonchalant glare. He looked only half-Japanese, still of full Asian descent. Dressed in a dark violet kimono, dark pants, average body build. This had to be someone who knows about the bounty. 

Without any sudden moves, we walked in random directions throughout the city in hopes of losing our new tail. When we thought we were safe, the man approached us from around the corner. Without time to react, he made a quick jab at my shoulder, and it was lights out.

It couldn't have been more than a few hours later, as dawn broke over the horizon. Though, to my surprise, we were still together and alive, stowed away on the next boat to Los Angelas, California. I didn't know what exactly happened back there, but I wasn't going to ask. All I know is that we were finally out of the woods for the next few years to come. Yet, I can't help but keep your image in my mind. Whoever you are or were, you will forever have my gratitude.

Find Haruutoki on twitter as haruutoki.