Chapter Three: Anger

"What is with him lately?" Ruth asked about her older brother, who was humming a song.

"Oh! Sorry father." He quickly brushed past him, and swam away.

Ruth's mouth fell open. "Oh he's got it bad."

George turned to look at his second oldest. "What has she got?"

"Daddy James is in love." Rebecca told him his eyes widened.

"With who?" He asked.

You groaned as you'd been shoved into another tight corseted dress. "Do I really have to wear this thing?" You asked.

Your lady in waiting, Wanda, looked at you through the mirror. "Yes, you have a suitor coming." Your lips pierced, and you rolled your eyes.

Sam tried to convince Bucky to stay under water with his friends and siblings. "James? Bucky? Oh somebody's got to nail that boys' fins to the floor."

"Sam! Sam, I've been looking all over for you. I've got an urgent message from the sea king." The king's royal announcer swam up to him. "He wants to see you right away - something about James."

"He Knows!" Sam scratched in fear.

When Sam enters the king throne room he's deep in thought. "Oh who could the lucky mermaid be?" He cleared his throat once he saw Sam. "Come in, Sam."

"I mustn't overreact. I must remain calm." Sam said to himself. "Yes!" He squeaked then cleared his own throat. "Yes your majesty." Voice calm and collected.

"Now, Sam, I'm concerned about James. Have you noticed he's been acting peculiar lately?" The king asked, looking at his triton.

"P-pe-peculiar? What do you mean?" Sam asked, hints of fear creeping into his tone.

George arched a brow."You know, moaning about, daydreaming, singing to himself...You haven't noticed, hmm?"

"Well, I-I." The crab stuttered.

"Sam...." George's tone was a warning. " I know you've been keeping something from me about James."

"James?" He asked.

"In love?"

"I tried to stop him, sir. He wouldn't listen. I told him to stay away from humans - they are bad, they are trouble, they -" Sam rushed out but was quickly cut off.

"HUMANS? WHAT ABOUT HUMANS?" George's tone grew into one of a growl.

"Humans? Ho ho ho ho. . . . Who said anything about humans?" Sam asked.

Bucky and Steve swam to Bucky's tunnel. "Steve, why can't you just tell me what this is all about?"

"Shhh it's a surprise." They swam in and James stopped when he saw it-the statue of princess Y/n.

"Oh, Steve- Steve you're the best!" James swam up to it. "It looks just like her. It even has her eyes. "Why, Y/n, run away with you? This is all so sudden. Father!"

"I consider myself a reasonable merman. I set certain rules, and I expect those rules to be obeyed."George hissed.

"But Dad!-"James swam to be in front of his father.

"Is it true you save one of them from drowning?" George asked.

"I Couldn't Just Let Her Die! Just Because Moms' Dead Doesn't Mean You Have To Make Everyone Else Miserable!" James yelled at his father, swimming towards the statue to protect it. "Father, I Love Her!"

"No...Have you lost your senses completely? She's A Human, You're A Merman!" George yelled back.

"So help me James, I am going to get through to you. And if this is the only way, so be it." George used his trident to destroy everything in the cave including Y/n's statue.