You have every right to a beautiful life.

It was around 6am on a beautiful Winter morning. The sun had not yet risen, and the grass was lightly coated with frost. Considering how cold it had been last night, it wasn't a surprise. The water from the nearby lake glistened in the moonlight, gorgeous bright stars reflecting against the clarity of the water, which had a slight tinge of first covering it. Pokémon were just waking up, it seemed. Ratatta and Pidgey appearing out of the tall grass, coming to inspect the waters before having something to drink. 

Beauty is a strong word, but it applied in this situation.

Ash continued to overlook the surroundings, taking in his surroundings. Sure, he’d been outside for most of his life, between playing as a young child to going on adventures and making new friends along the way, with people and pokémon alike. He took in a deep breath, standing at the open window; which was open enough to let fresh air into the bedroom in which he shared, yet closed off enough to not wake his research partner.

Ash sort of feels bad for Gou, in a way, as Gou had never experienced the wilderness as much as Ash had. As much as Gou was interested in pokémon, Ash couldn’t imagine him as someone to go off on a journey. Was it common sense? Probably. Not many kids wanted to leave home at 10 to be alone for so long without someone to take care of them. Ash was lucky, in a way; Always having someone older than him travelling with him. Well, except for Kalos. He was the older one in Kalos. 

He thought back to the memories he made with his friends. How he spent the first day of his adventure being mad at Misty because she still hadn’t forgiven him about the bike. He’s sure she still hasn’t forgiven him to this day. How Brock was always there if they had problems with themselves or their pokémon, he would always know what to do. Brock was probably the reason he hadn’t died of malnourishment, being honest.

He thought of how he became the mentor, when May started her journey. How he had tried his best to help her, but ended up blowing a fuse alot. Brock used to call him Misty 2.0 whenever he got mad. Looking back now, he agrees. He thought of how Max was so excited to meet him, bombarding him with questions, and how, in turn, Ash had ended up asking him more questions throughout their time together.

He thought of Dawn, how he was her mentor as well. His hot-head mellowing a bit as he learned more about the world, about himself. He thought of how Dawn had found and helped Pikachu, and how he’d be forever grateful to her for that. Their personalities blended well together and with Brock with them, they felt unstoppable. They were unstoppable.

He thought of Unova. How Brock had left him. He understood why he did it, mostly. He thought of Zekrom, and how Iris and Cilan never believed him when he talked about it. He thought of how Iris would tease him for being a ‘little kid’ while he was sure he could’ve been older than her. He thought of how Cilan was kind of a replacement to Brock, of sorts. Nobody could ever replace Brock, though.

He thought of his Kalos friends; Clemont, Bonnie and Serena. How Clemont was a good cook and a good scientist. Bonnie being the positive optimist who would take on any task with a smile, instantly brightening any room she entered. How Serena would put on the most breathtaking performances, listening to her head and her heart as if they worked in sync. He thought of how he was the ‘leader’ then. How they would turn to him for advice if they had problems, or if they needed help battling. He smiled fondly at the memory of Pikachu and Dedenne nuzzling cheeks, sparks of electricity firing in any and every direction.

He then thought of Alola, his second home. How everyone instantly accepted him as if he had been their friend for life. How Kiawe was hot-headed, like him, and always up for a battle, but was also responsable and kind and caring, especially to Mimo. How Mallow could always make you smile, just by being near you, and how great of a cook she is. How Lana helped him with fishing and could always tell a joke with a wide smile across her face. How Sophocles could think of every mathematical solution there was to think of with a snap of a finger, and how he and Togedemaru had a bond similar to Ash and Pikachu’s. How Lillie was exceptionally knowledgeable when it came to pokémon trivia, or just common knowledge in general, and how she worked up the courage to be able to touch pokémon, overcoming her past fears and putting them behind her.

He thought of Professor Kukui. How much he helped him grow, watching over him in Alola to make sure he didn’t get into too much danger, but, with Ash, nothing is too much danger. He could never thank Kukui enough for all he had done for him, and all he continues to do. He thought of how much Kukui seemed like a father to him, even if he never had a father of his own in his life

He thought of Gou, his newest friend, one of Gou’s only friends. He thought of how he was a mentor to someone, once again. He thought of how much Gou cared about his pokémon- All of his pokémon and how Gou would be mortified if any harm came to any of them. Gou wanted to catch Mew, being part of project Mew, alongside Gary.

He thought of everyone he met on his travels. How Team Rocket never failed to show up to try to catch Pikachu, but never have succeeded. How all the gym leaders he’s faced have given him a great battle in which he learned more than just their battling strategy. He thought of the rivals, everyone who pushed him to be better and helped him strive.

He didn’t even notice how long it’d been until Gou’s 7am alarm went off, and he was dragged out of his thoughts, Going to prepare himself for the day.

“Good morning, Gou! How’d ya sleep?”

~~~fin.

1072 words.

OH MY GODDD IM SO SORRY I LEFT YOU GUYS!! I got logged out for a bit!!I hope this thousand word oneshot makes up for it hshss please comment how you liked it and send me some requests! <3