Chapter 1. Demon

It was an early morning, Kyle had just awoken. Even though he had slept for a while, he was still exhausted.
He started looking at the scenery around him, noting all the details down in his head. Dirty walls covered in mold, uncomfortable bed, messy cracked stone floor, and barely any furniture or toys.
Yep, this was his house and yet Kyle didn't really care. Today all he could think of was school. He had never been to a school before, But his dad had just allowed it!

He ran downstairs, making sure he had everything in his little bag as he mumbled to himself "lunch, keys, notebook, books, pencils and markers, water, gym clothing, extra bandages." While Kyle was busy mumbling about everything inside his backpack, he suddenly heard a glass bottle break behind him. The voice of an old man yelling startled Kyle "Quiet already! I'm watching tv! Also, Clean this mess and make sure to miss the bus, I want you walking there in the cold!"
Kyle sighed and rolled his eyes "my apologies father.. I'll clean it up."
He walked over to the couch and kneeled down grabbing the glass shards, accidentally cutting his hands in the process. he then put them in the trash can. when he was finished he grabbed a towel to clean up the spilled beer."Will that do father?"

Kyle stared at the man, who slapped him across the face."Yes, now run along and get ready, also, one word about my home or the demon, and you're dead, DEAD! Got it?"Kyle stood up "yes father.."
he made his way to the bathroom, staring at a black spot across his face. He thought to himself 'oh.. right, I'm a demon! Won't be that hard to keep it in... Right?'
The boy put toothpaste on his brush, and opened his mouth, only to find 2 sharp fangs" WHAT THE-?!"

 Right?' The boy put toothpaste on his brush, and opened his mouth, only to find 2 sharp fangs" WHAT THE-?!"

he covered his mouth.'Those weren't there before! Oh god oh god! No no no no!' He again thought to himself. He whispered, "can I even go to school like this.?"Kyle sighed and shook his head "I can do this, I can! Okay.. time for school now.."
Kyle went downstairs and smiled at the man as he walked off to the door. yes, his father might have been a bit aggressive, but that doesn't mean he didn't love his own son, Right?

While walking to school, kyle did his best to rub off the red mark on his cheek from the slap he had received earlier while walking around the cold snow-covered streets, he shivered and stared at the ground.
Meanwhile, a luxurious car drove by, inside was a girl who spotted Kyle, walking and shivering in the cold, she spoke up to the man in the front seat. "Driver, please pull over!" The driver turned his head for a quick look at the girl while slowing down, "B-but Mrs. Elizabeth wouldn't that make you late?"
Elizabeth sighed and put on an annoyed voice. "Can it old hag! Pullover!"The driver did as he was told.
Elizabeth opened the car door and yelled at the boy "hey you! What school do you go to?"Kyle looked up "Uhm... I g- go to the one over there, n-not too far away"
Kyle pointed at a large school in the distance.
Elizabeth smiled "do you need a ride? It's pretty cold out here and I have snacks!" Kyle immediately smiled back at her, slightly nervous "Alright! Thanks a lot, ma'am!"
Elizabeth grabbed Kyle's hand, gently sitting him down on the soft interior of the vehicle,
being shocked by the only just noticed appearance of the boy."Why is your hand bleeding, oh and you're cheek, It's red! How did that happen?" She asked the boy that was now awkwardly sitting next to her. Kyle sighed and thought to himself, 'should I speak the truth? No, dad said I couldn't...' Kyle finally spoke up. "I fell on some glass while walking. The snow Is slippier than it looks!"
Kyle awkwardly smiled. "no worries though I have bandages in my bag, I'm a bit clumsy, but don't worry! I'm capable of taking care of myself!"
during Kyles's conversation with himself, Elizabeth had already grabbed a medkit. "Well, too bad because I'm not letting a wound like that untreated, it's glass! Besides, I wanna be a doctor anyways, I could use it as a training session. "Elizabeth gently treated the wound
" My name is Elizabeth Ruby Roald, Eliza for short. and I'm the daughter of the famous Scientist, Johnan Roald! Lovely to make your acquaintance!" Kyle nodded "j-just Kyle, Kyle Ross! There's nothing special about me I suppose? Just that one clumsy kid."
The car stopped and a driver opened the door, Kyle and Elizabeth stepped out and started walking towards the entrance."It's really big in here! Oh and thanks for driving me by the way!" Kyle said, while smiling softly. Elizabeth smiled back at the boy "Of Course! I could pick you up every day if you want me to?" Kyle gasped, "you could?? Thank you so much! Uhm how do I know what classes I have to go to?"
Elizabeth pat Kyle on his back "Don't worry about it. I'll take you to the principal's office alright?" Kyle nodded "mhm, Let's go!"
Elizabeth led Kyle to the principal's office "I'll see you during lunch! I'll be on the roof then!"
She ran off towards her class. Kyle knocked on the door that he now stood in front of. An old, deep voice spoke up from inside "come in."
Kyle stepped inside. "Uhm... my name is Kyle ross! I wanted to know what classes I need to go to?"
The man sighed, "welcome! And, your class is in 2C the teacher's name is Mrs. Rose, have a nice day."
Kyle frowned "o-okay! Thank you sir!"