Chapter 3. Training

"So, We finally meet. Demon!"

Kyle took a look at the Woman that walked up to them, feeling the anxiousness build up with every step she took. "Who are you, And how do you know that!?"
A wide grin appeared on the woman's face, It didn't seem like she even heard what kyle had said. "Oh, darling~ It has taken me all day to find you!"
Kyle took a step back, this woman was creeping him out. Plus how did she know that he was a demon? "Wha-, Who are you!? Stay away from me!"
Kai and Elizabeth looked at the situation, deciding not to make a move yet. They weren't sure if their involvement in the situation would make things worse, plus it looked too dangerous to step in.
The woman looked Kyle up and down, Then proceeded to pull a knife from under her belt.
"Darling, sit still so I can kill you, I'll make it more painful if you resist~!"
Kyle took another step backward and ended up stepping on a loose branch in the process. This clumsy action made Kyle sprain his ankle and fall onto his back in a slightly dramatic motion.
Not knowing what else to say, Kyle just repeated himself.
"I- I asked who you were! answer me!"
Somehow that sentence did seem to come through their head.
"Well, you're quite a feisty one aren't ya? luckily I like that so I'll give you the answer.
I'm Cathy, sixth member of the council!"

Kai gasped for air, did she just say that she was part of the council? No, it couldn't be. They had just been warned the night before, they hadn't had time to prepare for anything.

Cathy walked up to the scared kyle and petted him on the head as a loving mother would. It felt nice, almost like she didn't mean any harm.
come with me, darling! We'll make sure that that demon is gone, for good!

throughout her sentence, Cathy seemed to get more and more aggressive, and the petting quickly turned into a fierce grab to Kyle's neck.
Kyle squirmed and tried to get out of her grip but she had wrapped her tail around his body, making him unable to move.

Suddenly, The grip on Kyle loosened, which resulted in him getting thrown forward, and Cathy scraped her knees against the floor in a sliding motion.
Blood ran over the floor where she had stopped but she just got up like it was nothing. Everyone's attention was immediately directed at the person who had kicked Cathy enough to cause this damage.

"Tarou?"

The man who had earlier invited them to help Kyle with his demon was now helping them with a human. He looked different this time though, he had a mask on that made it so you couldn't see his face.

"Cathy, retreat now. We both know that you don't stand a chance against me."

Tarou gave a side look at Kyle, seemingly checking on him.

"Oh shut up you oversized brat, I could defeat you with ease if I tried hard enough"

Cathy shot towards Tarou in an attempt to punch him in the face. Tarou blocked the hit with ease and kicked her in the stomach too, sending her flying onto the ground. Tarou quickly approached and stood on her so she couldn't get up.

"Cathy give up and go home, your no match for me."

Cathy looked him in the eyes with anger, spitting blood onto his pants.

"Boss will hear about this you betraying bastard!"

Tarou lifted his leg off the woman and tried to shake off the blood that had been spat on his beautiful pants. The woman made a run for it as soon as the opening was big enough, Giving both Kyle and Tarou a proper death stare before disappearing from sight.

 The woman made a run for it as soon as the opening was big enough, Giving both Kyle and Tarou a proper death stare before disappearing from sight