5| What Did I Just Do?

Sorry for the lack of editing guys, summer break just started and I've been really busy! So here's another chapter, hope you enjoy!

You cannot bring me down anymore. You cannot bully me for who I am.

THE DAY AFTER our disastrous debate club meeting was, of course, a Tuesday. Cole followed me home on his black motorbike, revving it several times as he pulled into our driveway. I got out of my newly fixed car and gave him a look. "Would you stop?" I asked tightly, raising my eyebrows at the boy in front of me.

I earned myself a cocky smile, "But the ladies like it," Cole protested, grinning widely, as I led the way to my front door.

"Well I clearly don't, and nobody else is around," I pointed out dryly.

"You really like to argue, don't you?" Cole snarked, shooting me an unfriendly glare as he crossed his arms. He was still straddling his bike despite the fact that I stood impatiently on our concrete entry step.

"Well," I retorted, voice dripping with sarcasm as I too crossed my arms, "I am in Debate Club for a reason."

My 'student's' face morphed into a frown and he finally dismounted his bike and came towards the house. "If that's how you want to be," he breathed into my ear as he paused beside me and leaned down.

I stumbled back slightly, staring at him in bewilderment as he opened the door and let himself in. Crossly, I stormed inside after him.

Thankfully, my mom wasn't home to see the drama as I chased after Cole to my room. Before I could go inside, however, he closed the door in my face. "Jerk," I muttered, hearing him snicker from the other side.

I grabbed the handle and twisted it. Or, at least, tried to. More laughter sounded from the other side as I realized that Cole was holding it shut. "COLE!" I yelled angrily, very close to losing my patience.

I heard another laugh as I threw myself against the door. Naturally, it opened in that moment and I fell straight into Cole's chest. He caught me before I could tumble to the floor, holding me upright with surprisingly gentle hands.

I looked up into his eyes, startled. He gazed back at me with concern in his eyes, as well as something else I couldn't read. I found myself transfixed by the pools of deep blue.

Cole let go of my arms and stepped forward, closing the gap between us until we were only inches apart. I bit my bottom lip slightly as my eyes moved from his and I turned my head down to study my worn blue converse.

"Haylee," Cole's voice was just as gentle as his touch, and filled with warmth. He reached out with two fingers and carefully pulled my head back up until I was looking him in the eyes again.

"Cole," I whispered in response, reaching up and grabbing his wrist.

And then common sense hit me.

What am I doing right now? I'm supposed to be tutoring, not flirting! My grip tightened on Cole's wrist and I pushed his hand away. "Ready to start on your math? I don't have all day, so chop chop."

Cole's brows furrowed together for a moment before he stepped back, hands in the air as a sign of surrender. I saw the hurt on his expression as he turned away to grab his math textbook, but I ignored it. It would be a disaster if the two of us got together.

--

Sooooo...yea.

Sorry guys, I know I haven't been updating lately, but I'm currently working on three books including this one. One is going to come out soon after I finish this, and the other I will be publish-publishing. That one is my top priority, and this comes second. So sorry about that...

Also I've been sick, and even looking at a screen made me so naseous that I couldn't stand it for more than like thirty seconds. Thankfully I'm feeling better, and I got a new keyboard cover today, so what better way to check it out than to update my story on Wattpad?

Have a great rest of your week, guys, and remember to stay hydrated!

-- Ivy :)