Chapter 3: A Misunderstanding (Luz's POV)

Luz looked at Hunter with shock clear in her eyes and body language. Without thinking, she pulled multiple glyphs out of her pocket and was about to attack Hunter when Amity interrupted.

"WAIT!!!" Amity shouted, "He's on our side now, Luz!" 

"Wait what?!" Luz yelled happily, "You're on our side?!" 

"Yes, I- uh, I guess I'm sorry," Hunter apologized quickly, blushing just a tad from embarrassment.

Luz almost awwed because the tips of Hunter's ears had also turned a bit pink, but she knew he would kill her if she did. Instead, Luz ran up to Hunter and tried to hug him, but Hunter dodged it, causing Luz to fall onto the floor.

"Owww," Luz groaned, "That hurt!"

"Sorry, thought you were attacking me again," Hunter chuckled, helping Luz up.

"Wait are you in the emperor's coven?" Willow asked hunter, who was in a usual scout costume, rather than his normal Golden Guard one.

"Uh, yeah, I am actually," Hunter answered her.

"Really?! You look like you're sixteen!" Gus exclaimed.

"I am sixteen," Hunter replied, "I'm still in a coven though, see?"

Hunter showed the group a coven sigil on his wrist before snapping his attention to something on his shoulder that... chirped? Suddenly, Luz noticed a familiar red bird perched on Hunter's shoulder and chirping at him while Hunter looked at the bird and listened as if he understood it.

"Wait, you still have l'il Rascal?!" Luz asked.

"Actually, his name is Flapjack, human," Hunter corrected.

"First of all, the name's Luz, and second, YOU CAN UNDERSTAND HIM???" Luz yelled, noticing how Hunter flinched ever so slightly.

"Wait," Hunter began, his eyes widening, "I CAN UNDERSTAND YOU???"

Ras- Flapjack made a motion similar to shrugging before chirping again.

"I think I understood that! I-Is that really your name? Can you say it again?" Hunter asked, excitement shining in his eyes.

Flapjack chirped again.

Hunter laughed a bit, "Weird, can you say other things?"

Luz quietly took out her phone with a mischievous look on her face and started recording the wholesome scene unfolding in front of her.

"Hey Luz, here's the key! I'd love to stay, but I gotta go home, see you soon," Amity told Luz.

"Same to you, sweet potato!" Luz replied before kissing Amity on the cheek.

Amity's cheeks immediately burned up, "Uh- uh- y- yeah! B- bye Luz!"

And with that Amity quickly dashed out of the house.

"What's her problem?" Hunter asked, his head turned toward the now open door.

"Love makes you do crazy things kid," Eda answered.

"Like run away from your own girlfriend?" Hunter asked.

"Well..." Eda began.