Chapter 5: Sappy and Angsty Teens (Eda's POV)

Eda and King were in the kitchen making dinner, well more like Eda was making dinner, King was just the taste-tester, when a familiar red bird flew in. 

"Oh, you're Flapjack, right?" Eda asked, recalling Hunter talking to the bird.

The bird made a nodding motion before tugging a strand of her hair toward the doorway into the living room.

"Hey, I think it wants us to follow him," King told Eda.

"Hmm, you're probably right, let's go then!" Eda exclaimed.

So the three strolled into the living room to spot Luz hugging Hunter. Eda looked at King and King looked at Eda. King narrowed his eyes and nodded, earning a nod from Eda as she discreetly pulled out her scroll and took a picture of the two. Eda silently slipped her phone back into her pocket.

"Wow, you kids really are so sappy," Eda remarked.

Luz pulled away from the hug and looked up at Eda sadly.

"Wow, kid you ok?" Eda asked worriedly.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good," Luz answered, giving her a small smile.

Flapjack flew onto Hunter's head once again and perched on it, causing everyone to turn their attention to Hunter.

"Hey, Hunter- wait, is he asleep?" Luz asked in a shocked tone.

Eda laughed at the stupidity of the situation, "This is- this is too good!"

Eda and King fell on the floor and kept on laughing and laughing and laughing while Luz insisted that it wasn't even a little funny.

"Oh you're such a buzzkill, it was hilarious!" Eda exclaimed after everyone finally stopped laughing.

"It really wasn't," Luz stated as she carefully lifted Hunter onto the couch.

"I'll go get an extra blanket!" King shouted.

"Well, I'm going to sleep!" Luz shouted angrily, "And guess what?! I'm going to make a PORTAL tomorrow!" 

"Yeah yeah, ok, you do you, guess there's more food for me!" Eda stated smugly.

"And me!" King added as he raced into the living room holding blankets.

"Fine, I'll stay up just a little longer to eat whatever you guys made!" Luz exclaimed as she walked to the kitchen.

"I'll take those," Eda said, taking the blankets King was holding, "And you can go!"

King dashed to the kitchen as Eda laid the blankets over Hunter wondering how Hunter slept through all their bickering. She entered the kitchen and went to the food that was still on the stove.

"I present to you... HUMAN FOOD!!!" Eda yelled, revealing a pot full of long yellow string-like thingies.

"Eda, where in the world did you find spaghetti?!" Luz yelled, standing up from her chair.

"Oh, so that's what it's called? Well, I found it in that Emperor dude's place when I got kidnapped by Lilith," Eda admitted.

"Why would Belos, of all people have spaghetti?" 

"Oh my Titan, can you guys shut up?!" Hunter suddenly yelled from the doorway of the kitchen, "I'm trying to sleep."

"Oh hey, nerd! Want some spaghetti?" Eda asked.

"Actually, against my better judgment, I will have some spaghetti!" Hunter answered.

"Wait really? I didn't see that coming," Eda confessed.

"Well, seeing how I haven't eaten since the day before yesterday-" Hunter began.

"Why weren't you eating?!" Luz suddenly exclaimed.

"I was observing Flapjack and writing down everything he was doing. I STAYED UP ALL NIGHT AND WATCHED HIM SLEEP," Hunter answered, "I'm not done yet though, now I want to find out what a 'Flapjack' is! I didn't get to find out much about his scar over his eye, seems like it's a touchy subject, but it does mean he had an owner before me! That's progress! He can also understand other palisman, no matter what species! Isn't that amazing?! And-"

Usually, Eda would've stopped any kid from this much rambling, but she decided to let it slip for now. He did seem pretty excited about it. She could tell that he had wanted to talk to someone about this for a while.

"Anyway, I still want food," Hunter finished, as Flapjack perched on his shoulder.

"Ok nerd, you sit right there," Eda requested, pointing to an extra chair.

"Why do you guys have an extra chair?" Hunter asked as he sat down.

"Lilith comes here every month," Luz answered.

"Dang it," Hunter muttered, laying his head on the table.

"Hmm, what, you got beef with my sister?" Eda asked.

"Well, kind of, you know the normal stuff, just me and her kinda hating eachother 'cuz I was the Emperor's right hand," Hunter answered casually, "Then again, I think I was in a rivalry with everyone. Well, except Steve and I guess Flapjack, though he isn't in the emperor's coven."

"I want fooood!" King complained.

"Yeah, yeah, here's your food, King!" Eda laughed, scooping some spaghetti onto King's plate.

The four ended up eating and talking for a while before Eda finally decided it was too late to stay up any longer. 

"Do we have to go to sleep?" Hunter asked.

"What, you got some beef with sleep too?" Eda teased.

"Well, I was usually supposed to be active right now, you know, when I was the Golden Guard, so I feel like I should be doing something..." Hunter admitted.

"First of all, it's a Saturday, lighten up a bit, second, IT'S 2:00 AM, and third, you will be doing something, SLEEPING!" Eda replied.

"Fine, fine, I'm going, I feel kind of tired anyway," Hunter chuckled before flopping onto the couch.

"Heh heh, goodnight you angsty kids!" Eda called before entering her bedroom, "Wait, is Luz actually going to make a portal-"

Hey guys! How's it going? I hope it's going great for you! If not, I hope that you'll be doing better soon! 

Also, I'm not sure if you could tell, but when Luz is saying, "I'm gonna make a portal tomorrow!" that's me hinting at the next chapter. If this chapter is Eclipse lake, the next is Yesterday's Lie, where the audience meets Vee. Of course, I'm not going to show the adventure from Luz's view, we kind of saw that already soooo, yea! Bye, my beautiful viewers!

- HelpMePlzImBeggin (June 9th, 2022)