Chapter 2: Orders

After a few days in the place, well, at least you think it was a few days, since you were starting to lose sense of time, stuck in this dark building all the time.

"Human. Lord kars is calling for you." Wammu said as you stood up. "Follow." 

Following his orders, you stayed close behind him, walking through the halls of whatever building you're in. But as you followed after wamuu, you noticed a trail of blood. It looked like something was being dragged.

Wamuu knocked on the door, and entered after receiving the permission he needed. Walking in after him, the first thing you noticed was that the blood was still on the ground. Looking up a bit, you now see what the blood came from. It was a human. A human being. 

Silently staring at the male, you glanced at his wound. One of his arms was cut off, and his leg was broken. 

"No. It's another fake." You heard kars say. He was holding a red stone in his hands, before crushing it. "Human, come over here." he said glancing at you. You made your way over to him slowly, careful not to step in the blood on the ground.

He handed you a knife, and pushed you towards the man on the ground, who glanced up at you with fearful eyes. "P-please..."

"Kill him." Kars said as your eyes widened. 

"Wait wh-"

"Do i need to repeat myself? Kill the human." Kars said as you stared down at the guy bleeding. He looked a bit familiar though.

"P-please Y/n..." The guy muttered as you flinched. He said your name. "It's almost been a month... Is this where you were?!" He said, raising his voice. 

"So you know him? That's even better." Kars said with a smirk, leaning down closer to you. "Kill him."

"B-But he's-"

Kars grabbed your arm, guiding it towards the guy's neck. "Go on Y/n."  Kars said, you name rolling off his tongue, sending chills up your spine. "Kill him."

"I-I'm sorry..." You muttered tears starting to form in your eyes. You didn't want to kill him. You didn't want to kill another human. It makes it worse for you because this guy knows you, but you can't remember anything about him.

"Don't feel sorry human." Esidisi said, your breathing picking up as the knife in your hands got closer to the male's throat. "Go on. Kill him."

Lifting the knife in your hands up, you brought it down, causing him to scream in pain, you flinching as the feeling of the knife sinking into the side of his neck.

"Looks like you missed. Don't drag this on now." 

Stabbing the man in his neck, you could see his tears fall down his face. "I'm sorry... I failed... a-as an o-older... brother." His eyes soon went dull, and he became limp.

"B-Brother? I have a older brother?" You muttered and you dropped the knife in your hands. "Why can't i remember him then? Huh? What?" You muttered and took a step back from the corpse. 

"Brother? Brother? Huh?" You felt like you were about to lose your mind. Why couldn't you remember him? And a month? You were missing for an entire month? For that long? It only felt like a few days. A week at best.

"Now now little human. Get yourself together, because you're the one that's going to clean up this mess." Esidisi said with a rather sick grin, watching you lose yourself in your despair and confusion.

Disgusting. You were disgusted with yourself. How can you not remember your own brother? Forget not remembering, you killed him with your own hands. Repulsed. You felt like throwing up.

"I expect this filthy body to be gone by the time i come back." Kars said walking away with the other two following after him. "Understood?"

"Yes lord kars..."

Doing as you were ordered, you carefully cleaned up the body and the blood on the floor. Even though the man was your so-called brother, and you felt disgusted killing one of your own, you began feeling less and less guilty as you cleaned the mess.

If it has been almost a month like the man said, that means you have been alone, cleaning, training with your hamon, and following whatever the pillar men orders you do do when they summon you every few days. 

Throwing the body inside the room you first awoke to, you glanced at the bones at the corner of the room. "Filthy..." You muttered clenching your fists together. "Absolutely filthy-!"

"What are you mumbling to yourself there human?" You heard Esidisi say from behind you. "Done cleaning already?  Faster than expected too. Blood is quite difficult to get out of the floors..."

Taking in a deep breath, you turned to face him. "Yes sir. I just need to dispose of the body. How should i do it?" 

"Leave it." He said looking down at you. "You have some free time. Don't go wandering close to the windows, or the first floor."

"Yes..."

You were allowed free time, but you didn't know what to do anymore. In the past few days, it was orders after orders from the pillar men, whether it was to clean up blood and other messes, or just staying besides one of them. 

You weren't allowed to get close to the first floor, since the exit is unguarded, and the sunlight would harm the three if they come into contact with it. Wandering around the second floor, you didn't know what to do with your free time that you had. And without you knowing it, yet another day had passed.

The second floor was quiet, other than the occasional... hissing, from the vampires and zombies also staying at the giant building. They usually stayed in one single room though, and rarely came outside of that room. But for some unknown reason, they chose to hang on the ceilings of the second floor, watching you wander around aimlessly.

You don't know if they didn't know that you knew they were watching, but they were quite obvious they wanted to eat you.