Chapter 4: Red stone

When you returned to the abandoned building, the first thing you did was wash your hands. There wasn't much blood, since you cleaned it earlier, but you ended up missing a spot.

Spending your days in the building, everything was like normal. Following orders from the pillar men, cleaning the blood when there is, and killing when you were ordered to. However, what you found odd, was that the three began giving you some weird orders.

Some were more normal, asking you to grab something for them, and some were more strange to you, just telling you to stand by one of them. The weird orders were less frequent, but it didn't bother you, since you weren't killing anyone.

The three began showing this strange behavior after seeing you kill a group of vampires when they were trying to kill you for your blood. Soon after that incident, they began treating you just slightly differently. If you really thought about it, you haven't heard them call you "Human" for a while now. Well, except for their leader. He hasn't called you anything other than 'Human'.

No matter what you did, the three have been keeping a close eye on you. You did try to escape once, and that didn't end too well, with you almost losing your life. You don't even remember why you wanted to run. It wasn't like your family would miss you or anything. Besides, living in a dark building wasn't too bad if you really thought about it. It was better than sitting in a corner of your home, and being starved by your own family.

Currently, you are dragging two bodies, careful to not get any blood on your clothes. You opened a door, and threw them inside. "Time for dinner you filthy vampires!" You shouted into the room, and red eyes shone lightly through the dark. It was only seconds later that the vampires in the room left the places they were staying at, and jumped at the two corpses in the middle of the room.

After those vampires ate their fill, you dragged the leftovers out of the room, discarding them quickly. Recently, you've been noticing that the three pillar men have been leaving the building every few days or so, usually one of them. You weren't sure what they were up to, but that wasn't any of your business.  

Kars had called for you a few minutes ago, so you headed over to the room he usually stayed in. But when you enter the room, you spot a vampire jumping at the pillarmen, who had his back turned. You didn't have to think for long to make a decision. Sending hamon to the throwing knife you carry around, you threw it at the vampire, killing it swiftly.

"Lord kars, you called for me?" You said, lowering your head. 

"Human... No. Y/n, you've been serving us for a while now. You're quite different from when you first came here." He said. "I expect you to stay loyal."

You paused and glanced up at him, swallowing before you spoke. "Why do you think that i'm loyal to you?" You said. Now either you would get an answer out of him, or you die for speaking out of turn. "What makes you think that i won't kill you when i see the chance?"

"If you did want to kill me, you would have done so by now." He said. "If you wanted a chance to kill me, you wouldn't have killed that lowly vampire that jumped at me." You had completely forgotten that the vampires were controlled by kars, and that they weren't able to disobey him either.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Esidisi-sama, Lord kars is asking for you..." You said poking your head into the room where the man was. 

"Alright." He said and stood up. "Lead." Making your way to the room where kars ordered you to bring Esidisi in, you knocked on the door before opening it, letting the man behind you enter before closing it. While kars and Esidisi spoke to each other, you stood by the door while listening in.

"We need more power." Kars said as you glanced at the stone mask on the table. He held up the red stone up to the candle, and seems to be moving towards the stone, before something shot out of the red gem, burning a hole through Esidisi's hand. 

"Oh, what's this?" 

"It's called a red stone of aja, a rare and beautiful gem. It reflects light billions of times, making it strong and pure. Its power is miraculous. But it is not enough!" He said, throwing the mask on the table onto a pile of the same masks. "This tiny stone doesn't give the spines enough strength." He crushed the stone between his fingers. 

"To complete our mask, we need a flawless red stone. We need a super Aja. Once we have it, we will conquer the sun, and become the final, perfect step in evolution." He said and glanced at you.

"I expect you to train yourself in hamon. You can go." He said. You nodded and walked out the door, shutting it behind you. Him telling you to train yourself meant that there was an enemy you might have to fight in the future. Doing as the pillar men asked, you began trying to use what you know about hamon to train yourself. 

A few hours later, you decided that it was enough for the day. You expected things to become more troublesome from now on, but you still wanted to live, so training would be your top priority, just behind following orders you were given.

Sighing, you made your way to the second floor. Wamuu had called you to accompany him as he did his own stuff. This happens a few times a week, sometimes one of the three would summon you just for you to stand next to the pillar men looking pretty. Of course, you thought it was weird that they did so. But the three would never admit that they've taken a liking towards you.