Chapter 3: Kill

You knew that kars had ordered them not to touch you, but they were vampires. Monsters who live for blood. What did you expect? Eventually one of them couldn't control themselves any more, and jumped at you.

Charging your fists with hamon, you punched the vampire that jumped at you, causing the thing to turn into dust. After that, it was silent. A bit too silent for you. Without much to do, you made your way back. There was another trail of blood, leading up the the room where the vampires usually stay.

The blood was pretty fresh, so you assumed that it was currently night time, and that you were going to have to clean the blood up again later. Just thinking about it is making your head hurt.

"Human." You heard Kars say from behind you. Turning around to face him, you lowered your head without a word.

"Since you've been following orders so well... I'm allowing you to leave this building for a night." He said as your eyes lit up with hope. "However, you are only going outside to kill someone, and we will be watching you, so don't even think about trying to run. Don't think we haven't noticed your hopeful glances at the stairs leading to the first floor."

"....Of course lord kars." You said as he smirked. 

"How obedient. Make sure to clean up the mess afterwards too." He said handing you a small knife. "I don't want to see anything filthy on you once you return.

"Yes." He was telling you to kill someone again. He even allowed to leave whatever building you were in. The person you were ordered to kill was familiar. You knew the person he told you to kill. You were once again conflicted. The target given to you was someone you knew pretty well.

When you lived a normal life back in the town, there was this friendly shop owner that would always give you discounts when you bought their stuff. Sometimes, you would stop and ask him about his family. The moment you stepped foot outside, you could already feel a pair of eyes on you. You had no chance of escaping today, but at least you knew where you were now. 

The building was an abandoned hotel, and the town you... used to live in, was a few miles away. Taking a deep breath in, you made your way to town slowly. You don't know what to do. You had no chance of escaping, yet you were still thinking of running away. Should you just follow orders? Or do you risk being killed and run away? You trained your hamon a bit, so if it was vampires that were sent to watch you, you could kill them without much problem.

No. You couldn't risk your life for such a small success rate. 

'Just follow orders. Just follow orders, and you'll live a long life. But what's the point of living if i'm not happy? No. Don't try to disobey orders idiot! You know that those three monsters won't kill you immediately!  They'll torture you, killing you slowly for trying to run! Just kill the man!'

Lost in your own thoughts, you reached town after a while. Glancing around, you spotted the man you were supposed to kill. Even now, you could feel the eyes on you. You were starting to feel chills running down your spine, and you broke out in a cold sweat.

Gripping the knife in your pocket, you approached the man. "Y/n?! It's been a while! Whe-" Holding the knife out in front of you, you stabbed him, right in his neck. His eyes grew wide, and choked on his own blood before dying moments later.

You didn't care at this point. You couldn't even remember his name. What's the point of remembering anyone if you were just going to be ordered to kill them? The silver of hope in your heart, was now completely gone.

"Well Done y/n." Turning around, you faced Esidisi. Looks like it was him who was ordered to follow you. You were glad you didn't decide to run. You would have been caught in an instant. 

"Yes..." You muttered looking down at the body before letting out a sigh. "I have to get rid of this mess." You said and grabbed the body. "Lord kars told me to make sure nothing filthy gets brought back."

Esidisi hummed, watching you pull the body into an alleyway, and dropped it, trying to figure out how to get rid of it. "Head back." he said as you glanced at him. "The sun will be rising soon, i'll get rid of this."

Nodding, you turned around and began walking away. You could feel warmth on your back, and you already knew what Esidisi did to the body. Well, everything was fine, but your hands were a mess. You had to clean them before returning to the abandoned building. Kars wouldn't be happy if you brought the filthy blood of a human back.