seven

You had gotten ready for the day with the help of Peter. And currently you sat in your office, writing down information about the children and their health.

Their weight, height, how much they've grown. You pinch your nose bridge, exhaustion drowning you in its promise of warmth. A knock sounds at your office door and your eyes flick up to see Peter leaning on the doorway. You cant tell what but there is something off about his unannounced presence, it's as if he is on edge.

One of his hands holds a mug- your mug, which is filled to the brim with what you hope is chamomile tea, your favorite. You look him up and down, trying to see what's changed in his behavior.

"May I come in?"

You glance between him and your work before clearing your throat and shrugging. "I mean yeah, of course." You shuffle in your seat as he steps into the room, kicking the door stopper away from under the white door. It falls shut, and you and Peter are left alone in the small room.

"Good to see you're so excited to see me, dear." He raises an eyebrow, setting your mug in front of you and you almost squeal at the scent. It is chamomile, your favorite tea in the whole world. You shake your head, gesturing with your hands as you speak.

"I am excited to see you! It's just been a long day." You see him smile and nod, before standing to his feet. He walks behind you, and you sigh in delight as his fingertips dig into the tense muscles of your shoulders. You relax despite the unsettling feeling in your gut.

You unintentionally whine as he digs his thumb into a particular sensitive place due to the night before and he bends down to whisper in your ear. "I'm sorry, dearest. Did I hurt you?" He pushes his thumb against it harder, and you cry out. Jerking away from his touch, but his hand grabs your chin. The feeling of his lone silver band against your skin grounds you.

"Darling, I need you to tell me something."

You nod, confused and afraid. His sudden change in attitude is enough to make your heart squeeze. His eyes darkening as they stare into you. Your breath picks up and you stutter out your words. "P-Peter you're hurting me- I'm scared please stop."

"Hush, darling, answer me. Did you set me up? Hm? Oh! And, don't forget.." He lowers his lips to your ear, and you swallow the salvia building in your mouth. You're suddenly overly aware of the feeling of your own teeth grinding together because of his grip on your jaw. "I know when you're lying."

He pulls back, searching your face as your eyes widen in hurt confusion. You feel almost betrayed as tears fill your eyes, you're sobbing now. Strangled cries falling from your pursed lips.

"No! No, I would never Peter— you have to believe me!" 

Peter's baby blues are filled with rage, and he stares into your eyes to the point you're uncomfortable. Then he softens, picking you up from your seat and holding you to his chest. Running his hands through your hair and peppering kisses to your face. "Shhh, shh. I apologize."

"You-You hurt me! Again!" You want to pull away, but he shushes you. Petting your head and cooing to you in that tone that makes you believe everything is alright. That this is your fault, that you didn't make it clear that you were on his side.

You nod, and agree to every lie he whispers in your ear. You're so aware of it, but you don't care. It feels almost euphoric as he holds you, twisting your mind once again. He is your damnation as well as your escapism.

And then three knocks sound against your office door. Peter is forcing you to sit down, and you practically fall into your seat. Peter leans over you, his arms caging you as his breath tickles your neck.