Prologue: Civil War

Cybertron was once a peaceful planet, but it's history of darkness and chaos did not begin with the War for Cybertron. No, it began with the golden age, when the weak and less fortunate of Cybertron had no other choice than to work theirselves to death, attempting to reach a better status in life while the elite ignored their struggles.

Rising from the pits of Kaon, those less fortunate found hope in a warrior named Megatronus who had turned to politics in hope of fixing the errors in their world.

Alongside him was a bright mech named Orion, who had worked in the Halls of Iacon for years previous. Both of them saw the misery on Cybertron and hoped to fix it.

As their friendship grew and they worked to help the people of Cybertron, their older friends were cast aside.

Megatronus had been Soundwave's oldest friend- only friend. Now he was being replaced by Orion Pax and Megatronus was chasing dreams of peace that would never come to fruition.

Ratchet was a medic and friend to Orion, but he never was much of a socialite and never really liked Megatronus. He thought Orion was brave and smart, trying to help others, but it was folly. There would always be corruption in the government.

It was Ratchet and Soundwave's disbelief in their friends' plans for Cybertron that began to change Megatronus's mind. Perhaps working with the council wouldn't work. Maybe they would need to go to more extremes.

Orion quickly shot that idea down and Megatronus listened, trusting his new friend more than Soundwave.

Megatronus and Orion grew close, so close that the two of them would build a sparkling together. It was only after Ratchet and Soundwave learned of the sparkling that Megatronus's temper suddenly took a turn for the worst.

Orion, confused and hurt, turned to Ratchet for support, who continued to convince him of Megatronus's inner darkness. And Ratchet was right.

Days later, Orion and Megatronus went to face the Council, a goal they had been working toward for ages. Orion was horrified when Megatronus demanded the Council to put him in charge of their defensive armies so that he could ensure that equality was enforced.

Orion protested quickly, trying to make him see reason, but Megatronus would not listen. The Council, however, listened to his words intently and approved.

Megatronus was struck down and Orion was praised. This was the beginning of Megatron and the final straw in their relationship.

The war began.

Originally, Orion was able to take their daughter, Lifestar, to a secure location, but once he discovered that Decepticon spies were around, he brought her to the neutral faction of the war, the Peacekeepers.

Lifestar was protected by the leader of the Peacekeepers, Olivebranch, an old and wise femme.

With new determination, Orion ventured to the well of Allsparks and it was there that he became Optimus Prime.

But when he returned, the Peacekeepers had been destroyed by a Decepticon ship. Both Autobots and Decepticons swarmed the wreckage for their leaders' daughter.

Optimus and Megatron fought through the wreckage, unbeknownst of the other's presence. They came across the body at the same time.