Chapter 15: Dreams

Livia gasped, her little fingers pushing against the metal desperately as it weighted down against her. Her lungs burned with effort, shaking beneath the unrelenting pressure of the debris.

The ground shook with explosions. Screams of pain and battle cries echoed through the air, but they seemed muffled to her. Miniscule problems far away, as she suffocated beneath the rubble.

Her small fists panged against her confines and her tears dripped slowly down her face. It was hopeless.

It was all so hopeless. She was going to die.

"Livia!"

Livia's small, trembling breaths got caught in her throat at the voice. He was coming.

He would be too late.

She tried to cry out to him, but her voice was too soft, too quiet and hoarse among the chaos of the battle. She would never escape. It was hopeless.

Suddenly, sharp silver fingers dug themselves into the metal above her and pulled it away. Livia gasped, sitting up and coughing, trying to suck in air as quickly as possible. Her vision went black for a moment, but then she was fine.

She was fine. She was saved.

"Livia." Megatron's gentle voice cooed and he kneeled down, taking her hands in his. "It's okay. I've got you."

Something was wrong. Terribly wrong.

This wasn't how it was supposed to go. She was supposed to die here.

Livia pulled her metal fingers away from his and stood, becoming smaller and softer. Megatron looked down at her.

"That's right." He said. "This is a dream."

Livia backed away, her feet now sinking into the grass of her childhood forest. The trees were familiar. She knew this place like the back of her hand.

Megatron stood. "So this is where Olivebranch was hiding you all these years."

Livia took another step back. "How are you here?"

Megatron smirked, but did not reply, intent on studying his surroundings.

"This was the place where Unicron tried to kill you and Optimus." He stated. "Somehow we keep coming back to this wretched shrubbery."

"This is my dream. You're not supposed to be here, why are you here?!" Livia demanded.

Megatron finally looked down at her. "Would you have preferred to be alone? Endlessly suffocating beneath the rubble of the Peace Keep, with no one there to pull you out?"

"But it's not a lie is it? You didn't pull me out." Livia snarled. "I died."

Megatron raised an eyebrow. "That is where you are mistaken, Livia. I did pull you out. I was just too late."

Their surroundings shifted again and Livia was back on Cybertron, standing next to the warlord. A snarky comment died in her throat as Livia watched a younger version of Megatron run through a chaotic battlefield.

His sword stabbed into anything and anyone that was in his path, Autobots and Decepticons alike. Even Peacekeepers fell to his blade.

They moved forward thoughtlessly, watching as the warlord called out, his voice thick with fear and desperation. Eventually, he came across more rubble, but this time, a small, limp foot stuck out from beneath it.