Chapter 10: Spark Bond

Unicron's inner body was not without protection. Creatures similar to Lazerbeak swarmed them, almost like antibodies fighting off bacteria.

Megatron and Optimus remained on either side of Olivebranch, ensuring that the creatures did not attack their defenseless charge.

Megatron remembered with a clear mind the last time he allowed Optimus so close to him without caution. Long, long ago, before they had even met with the council.

It was ironic, in a sense, that little Orion Pax was now this killing machine. Megatron had been the one to show Optimus how to shoot a blaster properly. It seemed they had gone full circle.

"Unicron's spark is just beyond here!" Megatron yelled, shooting at the creatures as they neared a sealed doorway.

"How do we get in?" Optimus demanded.

"By fooling his defenses into thinking we are not a threat." Megatron replied, stepping up to it.

The doors slammed open and Optimus looked to the others. "Remain here and hold off our attackers for as long ass possible!"

He ran in after Megatron, Olivebranch on his tail.

Megatron felt his strength grow as they entered the chamber, a giant, spiraling spark of dark energon before him.

He looked at Olivebranch's hands, which held the human, who was barely conscious. Olivebranch herself didn't look too good.

Megatron turned to Optimus. "Swiftly!" He barked.

Optimus moved closer to the spark with Megatron at his side, but Megatron's mind was suddenly invaded and he kneeled, clutching his head and groaning.

"ATTACK THE PRIME!" Unicron commanded. "KILL HIM!"

Megatron's sword unsheathed against his will and he walked forward toward Optimus. Megatron grabbed his arm and pushed it away from the weak Prime.

"I am commanded by no one!" Megatron yelled.

Olivebranch stumbled back into the wall. She was old and weaker than these bots. Far weaker. The power of the dark energon... Of Unicron's spark... It was far too much for her to handle.

Olivebranch passed out, leaving Livia laying on the floor weakly, her half-lidded eyes looking around slowly. Something inside of Livia roared at her to stay conscious and she began to crawl toward Optimus and Megatron.

Optimus opened his spark chamber, the matrix of leadership shooting it's energy into Unicron's spark. A powerful blue aura surrounded Optimus, throwing Megatron back.

Livia gasped as the blue moved through her, cleansing her body of the dark energon.

Optimus collapsed as the purple spark dissipated.

And the room went silent.

Megatron took a moment before he was able to stand. The dark energon that once pulsed through his veins was gone, replaced with normal energon. The matrix of leadership had gone it's job well. Too well.

His eyes went to Olivebranch, who looked half dead over by the wall. Not far from her, Livia was sitting up and rubbing her head. Megatron walked over and grabbed her, earning a small, surprised gasp.

"You're a strong one." Megatron stated, grinning. "You must get that from me."

Livia gave him a look of absolute confusion before she passed out.

Megatron felt his comms systems come online and Soundwave contacted him, asking if he needed a groundbridge.

"Indeed." Megatron replied, now turning to look at Optimus.